Who we are looking for?
We're looking for an Assistant Vice President (AVP) for our Edinburgh location to partner with both clients and colleagues to successfully deliver change. The successful candidate will be required to interact with clients at a senior level, define and manage planning while ensuring stakeholders are kept aware of all issues/work in progress. The successful candidate will have a polished blend of both project management and client-facing experience.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to suit your personal commitments and professional responsibilities. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives clients and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate.
The Client Change team you would be joining is a crucial part of SSGD; supporting our clients through their change agendas, delivering a professional rigour and standard of the highest order. Delivering quality client service is crucial to State Street, and our team plays a fundamental part in that. What you will be responsible for
The AVP Client Change Manager is responsible for ensuring clients receive the highest level of service throughout change. This a client facing role, but not a relationship management or account management role; the successful candidate will be a talented project manager and truly lead change. This is not a junior role, the capacity to lead people and tasks is required.
Key elements of this role are as follows:
What we value
- Have a bias for structure; constantly seeking to bring order to proceedings and create clear ways ahead for others to follow.
- Accept responsibility and not fear accountability; owning end-to-end delivery of client change, including schedule, quality and cost.
- Communicate effectively with clients, third parties and colleagues ensuring they are kept aware of any developments affecting them with impact and empathy.
- Lead or attend client change forums or regular calls associated with client change.
- Ensure that change projects/programs are tracked to completion with satisfactory results.
- Own client change logs (ensure consistency across projects and demonstrate appetite for quality and precision).
- Report progress regularly to the PMO and senior personnel, accepting accountability for accuracy and clarity.
- Support the wider team; contributing to the future shape of the team and proactively supporting colleagues in tough times.
- Lead cross-functional teams effectively within a matrix environment, and have the current capacity or future interest in acting as an effective line manager.
- Live and breathe expected standards of personal and professional conduct, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to face-off with a client at various levels
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability ('choosing to own it')
- Comfort and confidence in working across organisational silos; navigating spaces and people with whom you're unfamiliar
- A natural tendency to favour simplicity over complexity
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently to meet client deliverables
- Bachelor's degree
- Suitable industry-recognised Project Management qualification(s)
- 5+ years of industry relevant experience and likely a background in either custody or general ledger accounting or audit experience
- Previous project management or client change experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP).
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- The ideal candidate will be a well-organized detailed oriented, analytical individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and pressure while working efficiently to meet client deliverables
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.