Who we are looking for
As part of the Global Delivery Team UK (EMEA), you will work in a client facing role within State Street's daily operations department. As part of the daily role, the Accounts Oversight Specialist is acting in an oversight capacity, responsible for the investment accounts for Life & Pension and OEIC funds, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance with regulatory, statutory and policy conditions. The role holder is expected to work with State Streets Outsourced Service centers and Centers of excellence ensuring that client reporting is timely and accurate prior to release to the client. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As an Accounts Oversight, Senior Associate you will
What we value
- Conduct oversight of the monthly Life & Pensions and OEIC fund deliverables prepared by the off-shore teams
- Exhibit detailed understanding and execution of all oversight tasks, functions and controls
- Provide technical expertise and participate in ad-hoc projects
- Act as a senior lead for assigned Accounts Oversight processes and as primary liaison point on all queries from clients, CSO, auditors, Custodians and other stakeholders ensuring responses provided to all queries in a timely manner
- Ensure client and internal change is implemented to deadlines
- Support manager in planning and control of team workloads and service delivery from Centres of Excellence
- Identify and escalate service level and operational risk issues in line with appropriate business and corporate policies
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ownership and Initiative
- Highly motivated and can inspire team
- Strong organizational and time management skill
- Effective communicator
- Client Service Excellence, ability to deliver on commitments
- Accountancy or Business degree or equivalent
About State Street What we do.
- A levels obtained (including A/B grade is preferred) or equivalent
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be useful but not essential.
- Obtained or studying towards IOC
- At least 2 - 4 years of previous experience in Life and Pension fund accounting preferred
- Numeracy / Literacy skills and attention to detail
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good understanding of fund administration
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers