We are recruiting a Senior Vice President to join the regional APAC Global Wealth Management, Counterparty Credit (CCR) Underwriting Team who are responsible for underwriting and approval of Margin Lending and Capital Markets (OTC derivative and securities financing) transactions for Private Banking clients in South-East and North Asia.
The Counterparty Credit Underwriting team sits within the Business (first line of defence), working in close partnership with Bankers and Origination to prepare credit, financial and collateral analysis for new transactions and for periodic annual reviews of existing credit exposures for business approval and onward recommendation to Credit Risk Management
For this role, we are seeking an experienced credit risk professional with subject matter expertise primarily in the analysis and/or approval of capital markets transactions. Experience of margin lending transactions is also preferred. This role will report directly into the APAC Regional Head of Counterparty Credit Underwriting and have line management responsibility. Responsibilities
- The CCR Underwriter role works closely with the Global Capital Markets (GCM) Credit Solutions Team, Margin Lending Origination, and Private Bankers to initiate and underwrite new Capital Markets transactions and/or Margin Loans for an existing portfolio of clients and new relationships.
- This successful candidate will also provide support to the wider APAC CCR Underwriting team taking a leading role to manage the underwriting of complex capital markets transactions (OTC and SFT) as the regional SME
- Day to day responsibilities include:
- Supporting Global Capital Markets (GCM) Credit Solutions Team with the preparation of underwriting related elements of Greenlight Memo's for Business and Credit Risk Management Approval
- Preparation and timely completion of initial and periodic credit reviews, covering both capital markets and margin lending activity and coordination with Wholesale Lending Credit Market Underwriters for those relationships with non-CCR exposures
- Acting as the SME across the APAC region for complex capital markets transactions
- Conducting due diligence, including: risk ratings, collateral analysis, borrower and financial analysis, to the standards laid out in the relevant Citi policies, standard, procedures and credit memo templates.
- Coordinating and managing Business and Credit approvals
- Providing CCR Underwriter Approval on credit applications completed by peers, aligned with the approval grid
- Preparing and monitoring of borrower compliance with facility covenants and other approval conditions
- Working with Margin Lending Origination and GCM Credit Solutions Team in coordinating margin call deferrals and approvals
- Ensuring derivative, margin loan and other associated legal documentation is executed in line with credit approval
- Monitoring and remediation of limit excesses
- Working and navigating across all of Citi's risk and reporting infrastructure to ensure exposures and risks are accurately reported and monitored appropriately
- Working closely with quality assurance to ensure all controls related to the credit applications are adhered to
- On-going training and development of more junior team members
- Participating and leading strategic projects and team tasks, both regionally and globally including participating in internal audit and MCA reviews, as required
- 8-10 years of credit risk experience in either credit underwriting or as a credit risk approver, with a minimum of 5 years covering capital market transactions
- Experience in credit assessment of Private Banking Clients and/or Margin Lending is an advantage
- Ability to digest complex or detailed issues and articulate them in clear and concise manner to stakeholders
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and proven ability to partner and collaborate
- Good negotiation skills
- Prior management experience
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred Job Family Group:
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
IF Lending Generalist Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting