Vontobel Asset Management serves the world's leading asset owners. With over 300 investment professionals and offices around the world we advise client assets of CHF110bn. We are a performance driven, multi-boutique investment organization, where independent thinking and high convictions flourish thanks to our active investment approaches and long term mindset.
At Vontobel, we empower our employees to take ownership of their work and bring opportunities to life. We do so based on the conviction that successful investing begins with the assumption of personal responsibility. We continuously scrutinize our achievements as we strive to exceed the
expectations of our clients.
Within the Global Swiss Bonds team (GSB) we manage around CHF 9.5 Bln of Institutional Assets. The team of 6 Portfolio Managers manages funds and mandates for CHF bonds and global bonds. We are embedded in the Fixed Income Boutique and supported by 22 Experts for all fixed income asset classes, 4 Fixed Income Traders and 3 ESG specialists.
This role will help Vontobel AM leverage the institutional CHF bond strategy through innovative messaging together with good performance and fund ranking.
- Lead portfolio manager with the implementation of the CHF bond strategy in funds and institutional mandates.
- Performing macro and rates analysis for the CHF Bond Market and relative value analysis for issuers across multiple sectors and participate in the GSB monthly strategy meeting
- Manage portfolio exposures in line with the GSB strategy (from new issues to secondary market picks with continuous follow up)
- Generate investment ideas and implement investment decisions on issuer and at security levels
- Close cooperation with credit and emerging market teams to ensure that the portfolios performance targets are achieved
- Support development of the GSB franchise especially for CHF bond products; support client advisors and sales persons in their asset gathering and retention activities
- Helps in the preparation for client reporting and performance review meetings, client presentations, roadshows and pitches.
- 10+ years of experience in CHF Bond Portfolio Management. ESG know how would be an advantage
- Solid Track Record for institutional CHF Bond strategies
- Good background in quantitative finance and macro economics
- Excellent skills in using IT systems and tools
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Entrepreneurial spirit
- Language: German and English, French or Italian would be advantageous
- Excellent Masters degree or equivalent education
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .