Description About this role
BlackRock's Systematic Fixed Income team (SFI) handles more than $80 billion of active fixed income strategies, including $15 billion of alternatives. The Index Fixed Income group (IFI) manages more than $1.3 trillion of assets across Institutional, iShares, and Retail products. The COO team supporting these groups is looking for a Business Management Associate, reporting to the Global SFI / IFI COO, who can help deliver on strategic priorities, lead projects driving investment process efficiency / standardization and provide business analysis for core portfolio management and research functions.
This position is a multi-faceted role, requiring interaction with many stakeholders, including senior management, PM, trading, product strategy, audit, business operations and legal & compliance. Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of fixed income and its respective product offerings. Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications:
- Support SFI / IFI management on strategic and platform priorities, ensuring timely delivery and quality execution on projects:
- Work with business management leadership to design, maintain and oversee progress on investment process enhancements / standardization, new product initiatives and other business priorities
- Lead work-streams for complex, cross-functional and high-impact projects
- Contribute insight and ideas to enhance investment capabilities and process resiliency
- Aid management in coordinating and preparing presentations and lead project review meetings, regulatory reviews, etc.
- Engage with portfolio managers, traders, and business partners to ensure existing and new products can be efficiently manufactured and managed, including enablement of new instruments
- Develop strong partnerships with internal groups such as portfolio compliance, legal & compliance, BlackRock investment teams, audit and product strategy
- The ideal candidate will work as a facilitator to help deliver results and also provide strategic / tactical input, as needed
- 4-6+ years of experience in financial services with knowledge of fixed income, product development, business strategy and /or business management functions
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related field; Masters a plus
- Progress towards or participation in the CFA program a plus
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Visio a plus
- A strong understanding of capital markets and fixed income; ability to recognize different issue types and structures as they relate to portfolio management and trading
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills including ability to function effectively within a fast-paced environment and ability to multitask
- Strong financial and quantitative abilities, including attention to detail and affinity for data analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to deliver presentations and coordinate across the firm
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
For California only the salary range for this position is $128,250 - $145,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.