Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects, and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. OPERATIONAL RISK
The Operational Risk Department at Goldman Sachs is an independent risk management function responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm.
This Technology Operational Risk role is for a professional with technology subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employ and strengthen the components of the firm's operational risk management framework relating to technology risks. This role will be responsible to continuously identify, monitor, measure and assess operational risk for the Engineering divisions. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, monitor, analyze and challenge operational risks targeting technology including but not limited to technology security (cybersecurity, patch management, data protection/privacy, access management, asset management, SDLC etc.)
- Provide an oversight on risks and challenge on technology controls implemented by Engineering teams; able to identify key controls required within technology processes
- Establish and maintain a qualitative/quantitative operational risk appetite/tolerance with associated metrics at the divisional level. Maintain ongoing monitor, triggers, escalation, and mitigating actions of the relevant metrics
- Conduct scenario analysis by working with stakeholders to develop and quantify tail scenarios used for cyber activities and responses
- Facilitate operational risk event and data collection including reporting when necessary; perform detailed reviews of trends to identify significant risks and ensure monitoring and remediation
- Perform New Activity review and ensure operational risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Create and present divisional risk profile assessments by highlighting risk issues and trends to senior divisional managers and senior Operational Risk management team
- Conduct quarterly trigger assessments for the division to ensure the divisions risk and control self -assessment and tail scenarios remain applicable and current
- Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business
- Contribute to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework inclusive of the Technology Operational Risk framework
- Identify and drive initiatives that improve the risk management activities at the firm
This role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with Engineering teams both regionally and globally. Experience and knowledge in a financial institution's technology infrastructure/applications and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role. SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong business acumen with general awareness of technology related processes, risks and business flows
- 7+ years of relevant experience, either working in operational risk or in a financial institution's technology division
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present with impact and influence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong delivery focus
- Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity