PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of fund onboarding and operational projects for the APAC trade floors across Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore and Sydney. Projects can include new trading initiatives, access to new securities, markets, as well as any operational change required due to market, regulatory or technology changes.
The role will involve working closely with internal teams such as Portfolio Managers, Traders, Operations, Technology, Compliance and Legal as well as external service providers, Custodians and Brokers.
The candidate should have good knowledge of middle/ back-office operations and concepts around trade execution, funding, confirmation and settlement. Local market settlement or custody knowledge of China, India, Korea and Taiwan will be beneficial. Project experience is not mandatory, but the candidate should be willing to work in a project-based environment supporting the operations team. The candidate should be able to identify business needs, understand the impact from an operational perspective, and support/ and or lead the delivery of projects in partnership with other functional teams. REQUIREMENTS:
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Business Analysis & Solutions: Analyze and document business requirements of the new initiative from an operations perspective and understand impacts or changes required. Facilitate solution design and controls together with the functional teams. This may include working with brokers & custodians to gather market intelligence to support the analysis.
- Project coordination: Support/ drive the delivery of the projects from initiation to completion in partnership with major stakeholders (Trade floor, Operations, L&C, Technology etc) in APAC. This includes managing multiple initiatives at one time and working with management to prioritize accordingly.
- Stakeholder management: Update and manage stakeholders of project progress, questions, issues, and escalations in a timely manner.
- Market engagement: Build connections with service providers, brokers, custodians and buy-side peers to navigate common industry challenges and advocate best practice
- University degree in finance, accounting, or economics preferred. Graduate studies a plus.
- 3-5 years' experience in the financial service industry.
- In-depth experience in Investment Operations roles (E.g. trade execution, funding, confirmation, settlement, trade life-cycle) or Settlement/ Custody roles (settlements, Asia EM market expertize)
- Product knowledge in various asset classes including Fixed Income, Equities, FX, and Derivatives.
- EM Asia Market knowledge or experience in trading or settlements in these markets (China, India, Korea, Taiwan)
- Experience with Bloomberg trade order management systems will be beneficial
- Willingness to work in project-based environment. Previous project experience not mandatory but beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel required; experience with VBA, SQL beneficial
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Self-motivated, problem solver, detail oriented, resourceful and able to think strategically.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively and proactively with external and internal stakeholders.
- Able to partner with teams to build trust, deliver successful project outcomes and drive the firm's strategic agenda.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.