PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking an Associate to join its Client Solutions & Analytics group in Newport Beach, CA. This group leverages PIMCO's intellectual capital and resources to help our clients make better investment decisions. The group seeks to generate actionable investment insights for clients by combining a deep understanding of their objectives with an analysis of potential market opportunities and risks.
The Associate will assist Strategists in the group in running analysis on client portfolios, developing investment recommendations, and producing customized presentation materials. The role requires a solid understanding of all major asset classes and how they interact in a portfolio. Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- 1-3 years of experience in and enthusiasm for investment management
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Self-starter with strong production and results orientation
- Well organized with ability to manage multiple projects and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills to package content for client consumption
- Must work well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Strong investment knowledge base across all asset classes, especially fixed income
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; reasonable proficiency with Bloomberg, databases, and other analytic tools preferred
- Background in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, and/or modeling
- CFA designation or active status in program desired
- Support Strategists in analyzing client portfolios and building presentations that detail PIMCO's analysis and conclusions
- Use proprietary software and external data sources to run risk analytics, optimizations, economic scenario analyses, and stress tests
- Manage a workload of multiple simultaneous projects while ensuring that deadlines are met
- Maintain standard presentation materials via periodic updates
- Develop an understanding of PIMCO investment strategies and their risks and benefits in different market environments
- Assist in monitoring the group's project queue and operating metrics
- Collaborate with Account Management, Analytics, and Product Strategy groups
- Ad-hoc research projects and analyses
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 104,500.00 - $ 122,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.