PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Role Overview
The Consultant Database Group works to update leading industry consultant and third party databases for Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQ) and Investment Manager search activities. Databases are a crucial aspect of business development, and our objective is to ensure we are accurately represented and included in business screens/searches. As a Consultant Database Associate, you will ensure that all product and firm profiles are maintained and updated in Mercer (GIMD), eVestment, and other important consultant and third-party databases. You will seek opportunities to improve current profiles, thereby growing the number of products in each database and ensuring each product change is appropriately reflected.
In this role, you will collaborate with product strategists, account managers, and other groups around the firm. You will play an essential part in the sales process by responding to ad hoc inquiries from consultants. Location
This role is based in or Newport Beach, CA. About You
If the following describes you, we want to hear from you!
- You challenge the status quo-rejecting "good enough" and resourcefully imaging new and better ways of doing things
- Strong desire to succeed and contribute and are a team player, self-motivated, innovative, and solution minded
- A "big picture" thinker-grasping how projects support business objectives and how you play a meaningful role
- A problem solver-quickly gaining clarity on desired outcomes, understanding root problems, and identifying the best solutions
- A standout teammate-enjoying helping others perform at their best and achieve their fullest potential
- Intellectually curious-beyond just knowing the answer, you want to understand the "why" behind the answer
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-staying organized while juggling multiple priorities concurrently
- Self-motivated-raising a high bar for yourself and reaching beyond the bare minimum of what's required
- A keen attention to detail-you've already identified two typos in this job description
- You seamlessly adapt to shifting priorities and enjoy working with ambiguity
- You share PIMCO's values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility, and Excellence, which allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
- Regularly maintain and update firm/product profiles across all consultant and third-party databases
- Communicate PIMCO's brand messaging, investment philosophy, and value-added management style
- Build and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships consulting firms and complete ad hoc requests from institutional consultants
- Coordinate with Product Strategy groups to ensure the accuracy of product profiles
- Conduct competitor-related database profile research to ensure products are effectively positioned for optimal search utilization
- Use market and competitor knowledge to manage databases proactively
- Maintain a robust knowledge of the product, consultant, and database-related information
- Keep abreast of firm and product updates and proactively apply changes to the databases
- Identify opportunities to bring efficiencies into existing processes via ongoing process improvements and automation
- Continually develop our functional skills, thriving to learn new techniques and apply them to our roles
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all employees
- Contribute to PIMCO's ever-evolving culture by taking leadership and participatory roles in events
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 0-2 years of professional experience or internships with a strong interest in a financial, client-oriented role?
- Completion of the Series 7 & 66 licenses required within the first three months of service
- Familiarity with financial markets and a strong curiosity about learning about the product universes, the asset management industry, and client/consultant relationships
- Experience interacting with databases and both internal and external clients
- Strong quantitative abilities as well as a high comfort level with Microsoft Excel and software applications in general
- High emotional intelligence, are flexible, and resilient
- Track record of building credibility and trust through consistent behavior, high integrity, and judgment
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 75,000.00 - $ 82,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.