PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking a strategist to join its Client Solutions & Analytics group, focusing on Financial Institutions clients in Newport Beach, CA. This group brings to bear PIMCO's intellectual capital and resources to help our Insurance and Bank clients make better investment decisions. The group seeks to generate practical investment insights for clients by combining a deep understanding of their objectives with an analysis of potential market opportunities and risks.
Solutions strategists take the lead role in performing customized portfolio analyses, publishing research and building tailored strategies across a broad range of asset classes in both public and private markets.
The Strategist will partner with the Account Management team to engage with clients, and design solutions to meet client's investment objectives. The role requires a proven understanding of all major asset classes and how they interact in a portfolio.
The team's key mandates can be summarized as follows:
- Leverage PIMCO's investment management infrastructure to help clients (CIOs, CEOs, Boards) with the macro issues of investment management, such as asset allocation and risk management.
- Generate thought leadership: Build models and generate intellectual capital for PIMCO's Solutions activities.
- Deliver (and present) customized analyses to clients and prospects: Become a trusted investment advisor to help PIMCO win mandates across products and asset classes.
- Minimum of 5 years professional investment work experience, preference for 3+ years of relevant work experience in asset management, banking or insurance
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong curiosity about working on customer-focus ed issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment and intuition for business
- Lead a workload of multiple simultaneous projects while ensuring that deadlines are met
- Strong investment knowledge base across all asset classes, especially fixed income and alternatives
- Reasonable proficiency with data analysis and SQL preferred
- Knowledge of Insurance ALM Modelling, and Risk Based Capital would be plus
- Actuarial and/or accounting background a plus
- CFA designation, MBA or Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering)
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 165,000.00 - $ 240,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.