PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit a FX Execution / Portfolio Manager for its Newport Beach office to work within Global and EM foreign exchange teams. The individual will be responsible for execution of foreign exchange transactions across developed and emerging markets and help manage existing risk exposures across portfolios, including both active and passive positions. This position requires building strong working relationships with sell-side FX market-makers, electronic execution vendors and platforms. Trading volumes are high and the ability to be able to multitask effectively is essential.
- Responsible for executing transactions in foreign exchange across all products - spot, forwards and options - spanning developed as well as emerging markets
- Manage existing FX exposures in all PIMCO funds, client portfolios and FX-hedged share-classes
- Prepare materials and presentations related to investment ideas, trade activity and market conditions, and write regular market commentary
- Build and manage strong working relationships with sell-side FX market-makers, electronic execution vendors and trading platforms
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in foreign exchange at a prominent buy-side or sell-side institution.
- Direct experience in trading foreign exchange products, with an understanding of market structure, particularly in the context of electronic execution
- Strong academic credentials and achievement, with quantitative acumen preferred. Masters/MBA preferred but not required
- Quantitative experience with developing, modifying, and using empirical models to analyze market movements
- Ability to work across the organization with Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Account Managers in a collaborative manner.
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally. Manage the flow of information from the markets to internal constituencies.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to succeed in a high intensity environment.
- A collegial work style, good sense of humor, emotional maturity, and humility to accept developmental feedback.
- Combines strength of convictions with low ego needs
- Ability to remain calm and objective regardless of market volatility.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 165,000.00 - $ 240,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.