- To support the overall management of the Bank's internal digital communications channels and delivery of timely and compelling content to engage and inform employees.
- Manage projects and change management activities to introduce new channel capabilities or platforms and support large projects such as the delivery a new employee communication application.
- Continually assess performance of internal communications channel mix; recommend and drive adjustments as needed.
- Liaise with communications team stakeholders; assess business requirements based on stakeholders' communication needs and advise on correct channels to use to best to reach audiences.
- Manage updates and enhancements to global internal communications landing pages and sites, including our internal homepage.
- Communicate changes to channels and best practices to community of content owners and publishers across the Bank.
- Create content or support the production of content to drive adoption of internal channels.
- Responsible for measurement strategy and reporting on internal channels to stakeholders, including the CABM MT.
- Identify opportunities and areas for improvement to content and channels based on insights from channels and survey data.
- Support and advise the global content team and other communications teams in People & Culture Communications, Corporate Affairs & Brand, and other parts of CABM on internal channels framework, governance and best practices.
- Manage governance model and standards to ensure content meets internal channel and Brand guidelines, and use of channels is aligned with strategy.
- Interface with O&I and EUS.
- Accountable to risk control owners and/or Group policy owners for the implementation of policies and control standards set by them, ensuring compliance, and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite and building a culture of good conduct.
- Identify, report and escalate issues, risks, business intelligence to leadership.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure that tone of voice, messaging, and behaviours are aligned with the corporate narrative when we engage and communicate internally.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business and Function communications teams
- Other Digital Channels team members
- Story Lab
- Other CABM teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Serve on People & Culture Communications and Corporate Affairs & Brand and CABM working groups and committees as needed.
- Take on special assignments to support CABM priorities as needed.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 8+ years of professional communications or digital channels experience, preferably in a financial institution or MNC.
- Ability to assess business requirements and advise stakeholders on appropriate solutions.
- Experience with managing small- and medium-sized projects.
- Understanding of content strategies and digital communications best practices.
- Experience with managing communication campaigns.
- Understanding of internal communication digital channels, including intranets
- Experience with communications measurement / analytics tools to develop insights.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and third-party vendors, across multiple locations.
- Ability to think through desired outcomes of communications strategies and tactics.
- Ability to identify potential reputation or culture risk from a function's strategies, programmes or communications, and to raise these concerns effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop effective and collaborative working relationships.
About Standard Chartered
- Effective Communications
- Establishing and Maintaining Trust
- Written Communications
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Business Ethics
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Organisational Communications
- Manage Change
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers