Description About this role
Global Investment Operations is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. We establish and coordinate operational processes and procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for managing BlackRock's broker-dealer and custodian bank relationships.
Securities Lending reclaims team is primarily responsible for issuing dividend claims on loaned securities on a timely basis. The team is closely linked to the Corporate Actions team and partners with them for market amendments/announcements and to raise issues on incorrect loan entitlements, discrepancy in dividend rate or event type. The team is also responsible to work on cash dividend breaks assigned on Cash Exception Monitor and closely work with cash exception team to resolve breaks.
The role will result in understanding the mechanics of the Securities Lending business, reconciliation process, exception management, troubleshooting issues, driving innovative improvements, data analysis, maintaining documentation, assisting management in leading processes, and recommending improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes.
Candidate is expected to run relationship with multiple borrowers and custody banks including but not limited to
- Claiming Dividend/Coupon Income in timely fashion
- Driving borrower discipline through weekly calls; to bring the overall exposure down
- Enforce meticulous Operational risk management standards (Key Risk Indicators / Key Process Indicators) and identify, communicate and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Develop a deep technical expertise through on the job training, self- learning and active participation in project workgroups and meetings.
- Contribute and present ideas, solve problems, or help ensure strategic projects remain on track.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners, ensuring BlackRock's value proposition, technology roadmap and industry position is communicated and supported.
- Ensure BlackRock receives outstanding levels of service from all third-party providers.
- Pro actively working on aged and high value claims
- Appropriately raising issues with borrowers, as and when require
- Communicating with custodians to clear items in pre advice
- Understand downstream processes impactful to the claims and develop ability to correlate the effect of change
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal & external partners including; leading & coordinating problem resolution
- Maintain accurate and current desktop procedures
- Embracing the BlackRock Principles and role modeling these behaviors to other team members
- Candidate should have a good understanding of Financial Markets, preferably within the Investment Management, Income and payments or Global Custody environment.
- An individual with a proven track record building and developing teams.
- Previous experience in Corporate Action, Securities Lending Income claims is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products (with an emphasis on Excel) or other programming languages and an aptitude for learning new applications
- Strong, effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Organized approach to ensure follow up on outstanding issues and identify appropriate action to be taken
- Attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy for all deliverables
- Ability to multi-task and balance requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
- Exceptional decision making skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate sophisticated concepts simply and clearly to different levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts such as custodians, counterparties and other third-party providers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid changing, deadline driven environment
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.