About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Business Execution Associate. Main function of the job:
The Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) division of Wells Fargo coordinates client coverage and ensures effective alignment of our resources and capabilities to meet the needs of our clients.
Corporate Banking Group (CBG) is one of the groups within CIB, supporting an Investment Grade portfolio of clients across a broad range of industry sectors. A core focus for the team is to provide relationship enabling capital to clients. This activity supports broader coverage efforts, including more complex lending activity such as acquisition financing and working with EMEA or US based product teams in Capital Markets (DCM) and Markets (FX and Rates).
CBG is split across three key jurisdictions, London, Dublin and Frankfurt and the team work very closely with their US based Industry Vertical coverage partners in covering the international needs of their clients.
As part of the Banking COO team and working with the CBG EMEA Business Manager the Business Initiatives Analyst (BIA) is responsible for developing and assisting with strategic initiatives and managing the execution of a variety of projects that are being developed and rolled out across the EMEA region. In addition, the BIA assists in the development and implementation of financial performance metrics, working with International Finance to support reporting and forecasting activity.
The BIA works with the CBG business manager to ensure that CBG operates effectively and is in adherence with the relevant internal and external policies and procedures.
Note: In addition to these activities employees may be required to carry out such other duties that reasonably be required Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in both the medium and long-term planning and strategy execution for CBG EMEA. This includes working on the annual strategic plan and forecasting
- Develop project plans, framing insightful analyses, identifying solutions, and developing business cases and implementation plans
- Assist in the management of new initiatives and strategic projects across EMEA, as requested by the Banking COO, the CBG Business Manager and the Head of CBG
- Own the production of regular financial reporting, contributing to the development of new reporting solutions
- Working with finance and analytics teams to:
- Assist the Management team, CBG team leads and relationship management teams with tracking missing revenue for their financial statements using the various systems (e.g., Profit view)
- Resolve queries in a timely manner
- Use various tools and systems and MI to analyze and help the region manage client and business performance
- Financial analysis, including project budgeting and forecasting
- Assist in pipeline management calls, preparing the materials and tracking opportunities. Support the CBG Business Manager with the organization and facilitation of pipeline calls
- Assist the CBG Business Manager in any required regular or ad-hoc Capital reporting
- Work with the CBG Business Manager to articulate a robust CBG EMEA strategy alongside the EMEA CBG Head to effectively align the short term and long-term business objectives and vision and values with the broader CIB strategy
- Support implementation of associated solutions/plans as necessary
- Work closely with US based peers in relation to Sector Planning exercises
- Own and or coordinate the drafting of business updates for various governance meetings
- Facilitate a consistent and coordinated communications plan and messaging across the EMEA CBG Business
- Assist with preparing discussion documents for various senior leaders meetings
- Operates at all time with an International mindset to ensure alignment, consistency and shareholder value
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, including CBG team leads, EMEA and US relationship teams, product partners and support teams
- Develop a strong knowledge of Wells Fargo products and systems, and be able to understand the applicability of these to relationship management teams
- Some Experience working in a Financial Services specifically Corporate Banking, either in a front line or support role is preferable
- Proven equivalent experience in a management/strategy consulting firm or comparable experience is also valued
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with good research and analytical skills
- An understanding of Return on Equity and other associated capital profitability measures is valuable
- Ability to communicate effectively with both relationship managers and support functions
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with senior management
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required
The successful candidate should have some experience analyzing the industry landscape, economic environment and developing a view on competitors, identifying trends, gaps, and opportunities. The candidate must possess good analytical skills, data management skills and communications skills both written and verbal.
This position also requires project management and organizational skills. Requiring the development of strong relationships with various stakeholders of varying seniority. The candidate is required to think strategically and must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.