Description About this role
Are you an Investment Accounting professional searching for a rewarding, significant, multi-faceted opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? If you pride yourself on building positive relationships, developing process solutions and bringing strategic visions to fruition, then look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Analyst to become a part of the team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept rare skills, eagerness, and passion while supporting the freedom to grow authoritatively and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to equip our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. Our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Join the team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
Our Investment Accounting Group provides accounting and regulatory data services to insurance clients. Our accounting services include the reconciliation, tracking, accounting for assets, along with preparation and oversight of monthly packages and regulatory schedules. The role:
Responsible for handling all aspects of accounting and reporting services and meeting the needs and evolving priorities of our clients. You will focus on delivering BlackRock to clients by supporting the monthly accounting close, leading client/department initiatives, improving the process and controls using capabilities of other parts of the BlackRock organization as the need arises. You will have the opportunity for continued professional development with a career path within the group, or into other operating teams or client-facing business areas across BlackRock. Our suite of services provided to our clients offers opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of the product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a detailed knowledge of BlackRock's capabilities, products and services for insurance companies
- Responding to daily inquiries from clients requesting of information
- Completing all daily reviews of exception management tool for accounting
- Responsible to deliver accurate investment reporting for clients through preparation, review and ensure distribution of various accounting packages and reporting schedules
- Completing all quarterly/annual NAIC reconciliations and reporting in compliance with US Statutory guidelines
- Providing complete and accurate review of data to clients' book of business
- Analyzing accounting data and providing commentary regarding results, call out to senior team members when required
- Assist in client or department projects and initiatives to improve the service offering
- Use learning tools and trainings to deepen understanding of accounting policy and pronouncements to ensure reporting follows the standards
- Learn and promote the use of technology to better serve our clients
- Understanding of investment accounting product mechanics including debt instruments, equities and derivatives
- Minimum 1 years of confirmed experience in investments/markets with degree in relevant field
- Ability to prioritize multiple request and time management
- Teachable to learn new processes and adapt to changing environment
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.