Department: Operational Services Department Job Type: Global Recruitment Posting Date: Feb. 27, 2023 Closing Date: Mar. 27, 2023 Procurement Associate
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Procurement Associate will be responsible for implementing AIIB's operational procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that their application by recipients of AIIB financing is consistent, efficient, fair and transparent, and that procurement under an AIIB project is conducted on a fit-for-purpose and value-for-money basis. The Associate will also be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise to both recipients and AIIB staff to help facilitate successful project delivery. Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Procurement Team Technical Lead:
- As a member of project team, perform all project procurement matters throughout the project lifecycle;
- During preparation for a Non-Sovereign-Backed Financed project: review of private sector entitys' procurement system if it is acceptable under the Bank Procurement Policy;
- For Sovereign-Backed Financed projects:
- Assist the Procurement Team in conducting procurement risk assessment and reviewing the procurement arrangements as proposed by Executing/Implementing Agencies;
- Review the recipient's Project Delivery Strategy, procurement plans, tender documentation, tender evaluation reports to determine if they are acceptable to AIIB and in compliance with AIIB's Procurement Policy, contract implementation and management arrangements;
- Review complaints from tenderers/consultants arising from the recipient's procurement process;
- Provide procurement data analysis to the Procurement Team;
- Assist the Procurement Team in conducting business opportunity outreach activities on AIIB-financed projects to both the international and local business communities;
- Assist the Procurement Team in providing training on project procurement issues and advice on implementing the Bank's Procurement Policy.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience of procurement in infrastructure projects financed by multilateral development banks or equivalent organizations, with a minimum of 3 years hands on experiences in developing or reviewing procurement documents (i.e. procurement plans, tender documentation, tender evaluation reports).
- Sound knowledge and experience in public infrastructure tendering and contracting strategies.
- Experience working with multilateral development bank(s)and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies, on procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience with procurement by private sector entities, non-sovereign operations, Public-Private Partnership (PPPs), concessions and similar arrangements, will be an advantage.
- An effective communicator and a good team player with demonstrable analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record in managing integrity issues with vendors, using best-in-class management processes, while adhering to the highest standards of integrity.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, public procurement, business administration, law, or related fields; professional Procurement Certification (e.g., CPSM-Certified Professional in Supply Management, CIPS- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) preferred.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.