, we get to connect millions of people across hundreds of cities and countries every day. And we've been doing it for more than 200 years. We do this through our unparalleled global network. We provide a broad range of financial services and products to our clients - whether they be consumers, corporations, governments or institutions - to help them meet their biggest opportunities and face the world's toughest challenges. Shape your Career with Citi Citi Global Wealth (CGW)
brings together the full power of Citi to serve the entire continuum of wealth clients, from affluent to ultra-high net worth to family offices. The strategies we create help our clients maintain liquidity while maximizing yields, transact in foreign currency and across borders, and manage fluctuating expenses or cash flow. We are uniquely suited to helping our clients meet their banking needs across regions through our global network.
We're currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as VP, Mutual Fund & Alternative Investment
(C13) based in Hong Kong. Being part of our team means that we'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decision and manage your financial well-being to help plan for your future. For instance:
- Citi provides programs and services for your physical and mental well-being including access to telehealth options, health advocates, confidential counseling and more. Coverage varies by country.
- Citi provides access to an array of learning and development resources to help broaden and deepen your skills and knowledge as your career progresses.
The Product Manager is responsible for managing a broad range of Mutual Funds / Alternative Investment product managers. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the development of product plans, strategies, and tactics while coordinating product lines through product life-cycles in coordination with the broader Product Management team. The overall objective of this role is to coordinate the promotion of products to develop new markets, increase share of market and obtain competitive position. In this role, you're expected to:
As a successful candidate, you'd ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- Manage a team of Mutual Funds Product Managers to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Oversee strategic program roadmaps, development, launches, and marketing to gain maximum benefit from each product, as well as survey and analyze competitive industry landscapes to identify relative trends, threats, and opportunities to apply in strategy development and execution
- Manage day-to-day product marketing for core products such as product delivery, client experience, and client communication strategies as well as help the team prioritize, negotiate, and remove obstacles to achieve business results
- Execute the client value propositions, positioning, segmentation, pricing, targeting, channel strategies, and competitive differentiation to achieve preferred status as partner to Citi clients
- Manage client and competitor market research, develop product innovation roadmap, and address fundamental trials of product commoditization to create an advanced set of solutions
- Oversee all aspects of program life cycle management including market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field as well as help drive innovation by working with external partners/alliances to develop products, manage ongoing relationships, and prepare agreements
- Contribute to achievement of acquisition targets, product financial performance, revenue performance, and expense management goals as well as oversee identification and execution of opportunities and gaps business plans
- Develop and communicate a business plan to approach the marketplace, and coordinate and implement team procedures, client problem resolutions and client management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Required Licensing/Registration: HKMA Type 1 & 4
- Experience in investment product development, and/or analytics
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to define and achieve high value business goals
- Working knowledge of market dynamics, products, and competitive climate
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated influencing skills
Working at Citi is far more than just a job. A career with us means joining a family of more than 230,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community and make a real impact. Take the next step in your career, apply for this role at Citi today
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Product Management and Development
------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting