The role has responsibility for the business and functional solution design, technical analysis of FNZ's platform capabilities, business processes analysis and end to end testing (including supporting client UAT).
They will work both independently and within a client aligned team to examine existing IT systems and business models, analyse requirements (both business and technical) and to translate these into user stories and core functionality documentation. These activities will likely all include the management of stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure that solution designs meet client requirements. The analyst also be required to work closely with IT developers to provide oversight and clarity on the development solution.
The analyst tester will need a broad knowledge of FNZ platform capabilities and a deep understanding of assigned functional areas of the FNZ platform. They will work on a consultative basis to support Solution Consultants in workshops and provide input into requirements.
The analyst tester will be involved in all aspects of analysis/testing from the more technical testing approaches including test automation, database manipulation and xml injection testing to functional specification testing and supporting UAT.
There is an expectation that the analyst will learn about our application, our business and the industry we operate in as well the range of test tools and methodologies we use to support our business. Specific Role Responsibilities Analysis:
Test Design & Preparation
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the platform functionality and business processes related to their nominated functional area.
- Educate and prepare customers (external and internal) on core FNZ platform functionality.
- Working closely with our customers (on-site if required) to develop solutions and testing these solutions to meet business and technical requirements.
- Attend customer workshops when required and input into requirements on a consultative basis.
- Work closely with Solution Consultants to understand the agreed scope of a change and design solutions that meet the customers business and technical requirements within that defined scope.
- Understanding the features that make up the solution from the end user perspective, ensuring these are documented accurately.
- Author user stories that make up the assigned feature(s) using the correct business outcome driven syntax.
- Produce Systems artefacts as per FNZ SDLC.
- Work with developers and managers to ensure business requirements are met and solutions are kept up to date.
- Ensure that any new business developments adhere to procedural and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Perform cross functional collaboration to address gaps in the business and technical solution.
- Identify and document any non-functional requirements related to the functionality.
- Provide guidance and clarity to technical resources around the business requirements and user stories.
- Support the management of defects and associated root cause analysis.
- Functionally review build artefacts for the function area assigned.
- Interact with FNZ S&S and Investment Operations functions, as required, throughout the lifecycle and post-implementation.
- Have a good knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the analyst operates and ensure that all solutions deliver a compliant platform.
- Ensure acceptance criteria for each story is defined and covers both positive and negative testing scenarios using correct BDD syntax to feed into automation tests.
- Review/analyse business requirements to ensure they are quantifiable and testable.
- Write/Produce artefacts to support testing activities such as Test Designs, Test Matrices, Test Cases, Test Procedures, Test Scripts and Behavioural Models.
Collaboration / Communication:
- Perform structured and context-driven (formal /ad-hoc) system, system integration and regression testing as required.
- Ensure the changes developed are to an acceptable standard by reviewing solutions, conducting regular functional reviews and testing the changes end to end once the feature is available.
- Ensure that the user stories are delivered to the client at an acceptable standard of quality and conduct walkthroughs of the delivered functionality with clients (as required).
- Author reusable tests and conducting end to end system, regression and mis-use case testing as part of the production readiness process.
- Use internal defect tracking and test case management system(s) to document test cases, record defects and record test case execution results.
- Raise and re-test defects.
- Participate in defect triage meetings as directed.
- Assist with user acceptance testing if required.
- Assist with Client support activities, supporting client UAT.
- Provide regular updates to the Delivery Manager on progress to plan as well as key risk and issues.
- Provide timely estimates to the Delivery Manager.
- Provide status updates on request.
- Work with the test teams both internally and externally (client side).
- Ensure that testing issues/ solutions are called out appropriately to the testing community, and where there are obvious process improvements promote to the broader FNZ teams and client engagement teams.
- Collaborate with other analysts to share knowledge, best practices, useful technology, and opportunities for cross-project solutions.
- Maintain high standards regarding written and verbal communications to ensure that information is clearly and concisely documented and appropriately disseminated.
Preferred Industry Knowledge
- Keep up to date with the latest and/or relevant technologies, tools and methods. Identify adoption of processes, technology and tools best suited to FNZ.
- Proactively identify technical (environmental, coding and testing) issues may impede test progress to enable early resolution of said technical issues.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in an analysis or testing environment.
- General investment/wealth/life and/or pensions products and the markets in which FNZ and our customers operate.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment FNZ operate within.
- 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in the financial services/wealth market.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- 1st class degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working within an analysis or testing role previously.
- Confident, and able to take initiative given client- and delivery-focused environment.
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style.
- Superior analytical thinking.
- Intermediate computer skills essential (SQL experience desirable)
- Excellent organisational, administration and time management skills.
- Good team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET and C#
- Knowledge and experience of Selenium webdriver
- Knowledge and experience with testing Rest API