GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide. Risk and Performance Management Department
We work collaboratively across teams to help guard against blind spots and ensure that all relevant risks are considered and duly addressed. Risk Infrastructure
You will deploy state-of-the-art data and systems required for all aspects of risk and performance analysis and reporting. What impact can you make in this role?
You will be empowered to be at the top of your game by providing strategic partnership, and innovative technology solutions that supports GIC's vision of being a tech-driven, global, long-term investment firm. What will you do as a Risk Systems Analyst?
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Key member of the project implementation team, comprising product owner, technologists, risk managers etc., for a new state-of-the-art credit risk system
- In-depth testing of new system functionalities, computation logic and workflows to ensure they meet business requirements
- Develop and enhance risk reports or dashboards using data visualisation tools to facilitate risk management and decision making
- Collaborate with data and business analysts in the development of data models for an analytic data warehouse
- Improve existing system and data validation tools to ensure good data quality and efficient operations
- Assist in evaluating the impact of upstream data model changes or new business initiatives (such as new product requests) on existing systems and processes
Work at the Point of Impact
- A good Degree in Banking & Finance, Engineering or related fields of study. CFA or FRM certification will be an advantage
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in the finance industry
- A good mix of risk management knowledge (financial products, risk analytics) and data management skills (database, data models, data visualisation)
- Strong technical skills such as Microsoft Office suite, SQL or other programming languages
- Experience in working with performance, risk or valuation systems, either in the form of project implementation, operation or reporting, will be an advantage
- Able to work independently under pressure
- Good team player who possesses drive and initiative to be able to work with minimal supervision
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact. GIC is a Great Place to Work
At GIC, we believe sustainable high performance is driven by high expectations and a commitment to excellence, as well as empowerment and flexibility. As such, we currently operate under a hybrid model in which most employees spend 3-4 days in office and 1-2 days working from home each week. This balance allows us to preserve the 'office as a hub' for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection, while giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work and be their best selves. GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability. Learn More
Learn more about our Risk & Performance Management Department here: https://gic.careers/group/risk-performance-management/