Location: London Lombard Street (hybrid working options available)
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
At Canada Life, we share one common purpose - to help build better futures for our customers and each other. That's why we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces.
We have over 1,550 colleagues working together across 5 locations - including those working virtually. Potters Bar, our largest site, has over 600 colleagues. We also have teams based in Bristol, Isle of Man and Central London. Job Purpose
To provide essential commercial operational administration to the Asset Management investment teams managing a combined AUM in excess of £40bn across multiple asset classes, within agreed SLAs, in order to meet key business and regulatory requirements.
Role to include:
- Supporting portfolio management activities, including dealing support, FX recommendations & equity research payments
- Responsible for reporting investment transactions to other internal departments and external institutions, in line with Regulatory and client requirements
- Supporting distribution & marketing activities with accurate regular reporting to meet existing and new business requirements, including the provision of fund fact sheets
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Report investment transactions to other internal Departments and external institutions, in an accurate and efficient manner, meeting SLAs and regulatory requirements, including MiFID II Transaction Reporting. Deal with trade queries in order to ensure timely settlement. Continually seek ways to increase trade flow efficiency for all asset types.
- Perform daily 3rd Party CIS Dealing for the UK funds and recommend FX / FFX transactions in an accurate and efficient manner, meeting internal and external deadlines. Function includes the placing of trades on dealing platforms for Fund Manager approval.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting including: Trade turnover, annuity quotes, fund fact sheets, marketing requests and data for 3rd party distribution platforms e.g. Dynamic Planner
- Perform financial administration tasks in an accurate and efficient manner, meeting
- agreed SLAs. Tasks include the payment of equity research & property invoices.
- Effectively lead Continuous Process Improvement reviews of the Department's processes and procedures to ensure that Customers are Treated Fairly, services are provided to high service level and risks are managed & controlled in line with the Enterprise Risk Framework.
- Ensuring that all BAU activities are carried out within the agreed controls, are documented and cross-trained.
- Manage projects to a successful conclusion within agreed timeframes.
Benefits of working at Canada Life
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments & products in the financial services industry
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to influence colleagues at all levels and present to senior management
- Experience of investment accounting and relevant software platforms is desirable e.g. Calastone and Bloomberg
- Ability to understand and interrogate systems in order to resolve complex queries
- Good excel skills
- Good numerical skills and attention to details
- Ability to effectively prioritise & manage daily work to fixed deadlines
We believe in recognising and rewarding our people, so we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that's regularly reviewed. As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including a generous pension and bonus scheme, along with, income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance. We have a fantastic number of other benefits and support services as well as regular personal and professional development. How we work at Canada Life
Our culture is unique and incredibly important to us. We care about doing the right thing for our people, customers and community and helping others to build better futures. Our blueprint behaviours shape and influence how we work, and are central to the relationships we have with others. Every day we are encouraged to be more curious, own the outcome, face into things together and find a way forward.
We want colleagues to have rewarding careers with us so we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces. That's why we offer a range of training, flexible working and opportunities to grow and develop. Diversity and inclusion
Building an inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce where everyone can feel they belong and achieve their potential regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other characteristic is a key commitment for us. We are proud of the progress we're making in DEI, and we continue for it to be a significant focus.
"At Canada Life we believe in the power of great people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives coming together to build better futures. Emerging talent is crucial to our growth and creating an environment that continues to inspire us all." Nick Harding, Chief People Officer, Canada Life UK
We appreciate that everyone has different work and life responsibilities. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part time, for any of our roles should this be a requirement for.