Associate Portfolio Manager (Hybrid)
- Boston Trust Walden
- Boston, Massachusetts (US)
- Up to $125,000 to $150,000 base salary per year + bonus and benefits
- Feb 24, 2023
- Apr 25, 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Relationship Management, Wealth Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Firm
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Boston Trust Walden Company Overview
Boston Trust Walden Company is an independent, employee-owned firm that provides investment management services to institutional investors and private wealth clients. The firm manages approximately $14 billion in client assets.
Boston Trust Walden distinguishes itself in several keyways, including:
- Stable, diversified business model serving a variety of client types. Compelling investment philosophy and excellent track record. Longstanding leadership in ESG impact investing. Corporate culture grounded in shared values, as signified by the company’s tagline, Principled Investing.
Located in the heart of Boston at One Beacon Street, Boston Trust Walden employs fewer than 100 individuals. Boston Trust Walden’s structure as an independent, privately-owned firm enables the firm to make business decisions that align with clients and employees for long-term success. The firm’s structure and size help cultivate a collegial work environment where employees have ownership of their work, contribute to positive client outcomes, and are rewarded for their efforts.
One of Boston Trust Walden’s strategic priorities is to foster a positive workplace; this includes a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The firm believes this commitment is not only the right thing to do, but also a matter of good governance and a critical component of long-term business success. When DEI values are infused into the workplace environment, the company and its employee’s benefit.
Boston Trust Walden Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Boston Trust Walden is committed to supporting equal employment opportunity and to promoting a workplace free of discrimination with regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, parental status, marital status, veteran/US military status, pregnancy, citizenship status, or other legally protected status.
The firm will make reasonable accommodations in the application process if requested by new job applicants.
Position: Associate Portfolio Manager – Wealth & Investment Management
The role of the Associate Portfolio Manager is to support portfolio managers in investment and relationship management activities for a broad array of private wealth, endowment, and foundation clients.
- Assist senior colleagues in all aspects of client relationships, including trading, liquidity management, reporting, compliance reviews, client communication, and ad hoc projects
- Coordinate tasks and deliverables with colleagues in Wealth Advisory Services, Client Administration, and Operations
- Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients and provide related to support to senior colleagues as necessary
- Contribute to the firm’s investment research activities
- In time, assume a primary role in the management of a select group of client relationships
Education Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent direct experience; attainment or progress toward an MBA, MSF, or CFA designation desired
Experience Minimum of five years relevant experience within the financial services industry, including practical investment experience and demonstrated success delivering high touch client service.
Attributes: Candidates must have a team first attitude, an exceptional work ethic, and the adaptability to deal effectively with a range of client types and personalities. In addition, the ideal candidate will be eager to learn from senior colleagues and continue their professional development in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment that encourages and rewards initiative and independent work.
- More than 5 years of relevant practical experience in portfolio management, securities analysis, and/or client relationship management required
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- A passion for financial markets and for helping clients manage their complex financial situations
- Commitment to the adoption of Boston Trust Walden’s investment philosophy, style and process
- Strong client service orientation with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Aptitude to pick up new technologies and procedures
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs