S&P Global Market Intelligence (MI) The Role:
Graduate Product Analyst (Derivatives Valuation and Risks) The Location:
London, United Kingdom The Team:
The role is within the Product Portfolio Valuations provides a fully outsourced service to participants in the financial markets that require independent asset valuations. The service is designed for asset managers, fund administrators, hedge funds, mutual funds and auditors and uses a highly automated and secure end-to-end process in order to produce valuations for clients.
It is distinguished by the class-leading accuracy and coverage of our underlying market data and an efficient operational framework that includes a full audit trail and quality control performed by a global team of analysts. The Impact:
Portfolio Valuations employs established methodologies and quantitative techniques with industry standard models in order to provide valuations for a wide range of vanilla and exotic OTC derivatives across multiple asset classes including Credit, Foreign Exchange, Interest Rates, Equities, Commodities and Structured Notes.
In addition, Portfolio Valuations also provides an end-to-end Initial Margin (IM) Calculation service to help clients comply with the Uncleared Margin Rule (UMR). The service leverages the infrastructure built for the valuations service to compute risk sensitivities and initial margin amounts using ISDA SIMMTM, the industry standard margin model. The service is integrated with the valuations service and offers many other additional features. It also has comprehensive connectivity with various collateral management systems and reconciliation platforms for clients to create a holistic margin solution.
This role will contribute to both valuation and IM calculation services. What's in it for you:
Portfolio Valuations Product Development team is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills to work within its Product Development team.
The successful candidate will have multiple responsibilities including especially the maintenance and development of models used by the financial derivatives Valuation and Initial Margin calculation service and providing technical expertise internally and externally on valuation, risk sensitivity and initial margin calculation methodologies.
The role provides the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide range of derivatives products and cutting-edge models with experienced colleagues across global locations as well as exposures to a diverse set of clients. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Working on the quantitative, analytical, and technological development of derivatives valuation models across asset classes with a focus on risk sensitivity and margin calculation
- Providing on-going product support for our Global Product Service team and clients on any issues relating to risk sensitivity and margin calculations including the coordination of client trials, addressing queries, resolving price challenges, and any other general support
- Enhancing existing models or specifying / building / testing models to support new products
- Ensuring the quality and reliability of market data inputs and calibrations
- Working closely with other product groups and the global sales team in order to participate in driving new business and identifying product opportunities
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Physics, Mathematics and Quantitative Finance)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to details; ethical and well-organized
- Strong interest in financial derivatives.
- Excellent data analysis skill; proficiency in Excel; programming experience (Python, Java and C++ etc) is not required but helpful;
- Ability to work well within a global team environment alongside other product analysts, client service, quants, and developers
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We're now hiring for 2023 full time roles. We're looking for final year students who are working towards a bachelor's or master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full-time role commencing in 2023.
To be eligible for our UK Graduate positions you must have the right to work full-time now and in the future. We currently do not offer visa sponsorship; however, we do run our programs in several locations across the globe and welcome you to consider those that are relevant to you. How to apply
Submit your online application, which should include your CV, along with a short cover letter/motivational statement in one attachment (we suggest around 300 words). We want to hear more about you; why you're interested in joining S&P Global, and why you're interested in being considered for the role/s you have applied for. Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills and find a role that is right for you.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter, ensuring your graduation month and year are clearly stated.
Screening stage. In most locations, this screening stage will be in the form of a telephone interview.
The final stage will consist of interviews with the hiring teams. You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
PDMGDV203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
282602 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom