This role is responsible for the delivery of world class events that are part of the global Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) marketing program. This includes the planning, development, management and execution of external client events. The events program will be developed in line with Standard Chartered business objectives to ensure client experiences match our business objectives. They will also establish the framework for execution of events across CCIB, providing consistency in approach for pan-CCIB events. Strategy
- Ensuring that the reputation of the bank is always upheld at any of its events.
- Ensuring the banks brand and values are clearly represented by our events i.e., Sustainability approach to events.
- Strategic development of the annual events programme to reflect the Bank's strategy.
- Development of new and innovative events, while refreshing existing events.
- Role is responsible for the delivery of world class events that are part of the global Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) marketing program.
Role responsible for leading and managing events, both physical and virtual, proprietary, participative and sponsored, in collaboration with CCIB Product and Client Coverage Marketing Teams. Examples include but aren't limited to Sibos, IMF, high profile sporting sponsorships, and Global Credit Markets Conference. The role will involve:
- End-to-end project management of events/sponsorships with engagement of all key global and regional stakeholders in planning and working groups.
- Identifying, selection, briefing, and management of relevant third-party vendors and event management agencies.
- Stakeholder management, including preparing and delivering succinct and clear briefings for internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring sponsorship entitlements are fully leveraged.
- Providing guidance support on the client invitation process. Management of event registration and set up of event web platforms through Cvent (and event agency partners).
- On site event management which includes set-up, documentation preparation, onsite support.
- Responsible for selection and delivery of marketing collateral (printed, digital, client gifts, branded merchandise etc) to support event needs.
- Budget management to ensure projects are delivered within agreed budgets and work with Head, Marketing Services, CCIB to determine positioning and pricing of events.
- Supporting speaker identification and management and sponsorship process.
- Providing events toolkits, guiding on best practices and sharing creative ideas.
- Execute effective end-to-end marketing campaigns for select events.
Management of Cvent events management platform including:
People & Talent
- Guidance and best practices for users and support of various channel modules (On-Arrival, Appointments, CrowdCompass).
- Oversight of user experience and any updates to platform (e.g., platform integrations, new features etc).
- Vendor management - leading relationship with Cvent including quarterly business reviews to ensure high level of service delivered.
- Allocation of user licenses across global network of CCIB marketing users.
- Monitor, track, and provide analysis to help measure KPI's and post event measurement and reporting to ensure we capture feedback from internal and external stakeholders on event and sponsorship impact and engagement.
- Managing the relationships and leading the engagement of event management agencies and preferred vendors. This includes the Identification and onboarding new and approved vendors.
- Stakeholder management across CCIB business and stakeholders within Corporate Affairs, Brand and Marketing.
- Ensure all activities and in line with Sponsorship and Donation Policy.
- Ensure all expenses are in line with approval processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Brand guardian - responsible for ensuring all events and sponsorship activity delivered in line with corporate brand guidelines. This includes ensuring that all client touch points at events and sponsorship exceed the expectations of a highly sophisticated audience.
- Managing and allocation of the team's marketing collateral inventory (e.g., branded merchandise).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group CCIB Marketing & Corporate Affairs
- Corporate Affairs Brand and Marketing (CABM), Regional CCIB Marketing
- CCIB business
- Group Sponsorships
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3rd party event agencies & design houses
- External Marketing Services Partners
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 7+ years experience delivering world class event and sponsorship programs for a highly sophisticated audience.
- Financial services B2B experience preferred but not essential.
- Previous exposure working with senior internal stakeholders.
About Standard Chartered
- Highly skilled and experienced in planning and executing world class events tailored to highly sophisticated c-suite audience.
- Proactive, results-orientated, with solid organizational/project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent eye for detail - ensuring that all event and sponsorship activity is delivered flawlessly, and optimum client experience delivered.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound decision making and the ability to work in a high paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a track record of developing relationships across teams and geographies.
- High energy individual with a positive attitude.
- Understanding of analytics for reporting and measurement.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Passion for working as part of a global team, whilst building strong networks with colleagues across the CCIB business.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers