Capstone are looking to appoint a new Risk Developer to play a critical role in our mission to build a world-class risk platform to drive understanding and empower decisions on Risk, Performance, Margin and Capital Allocation.
You will work as part of our Risk Development team providing key assistance to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and the Capstone Investment Committee.
The ideal candidate would have exceptional technical skills and a strong interest in Pricing & Risk. The role offers great exposure to the many and varied aspects of a hedge fund, and you will be expected to be a good communicator, a strong team player, an open-minded collaborator and able to bring your own and others innovative ideas to life.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a passion for risk management and technology to join a leading hedge fund and work with a team of experienced professionals in a dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain the risk modelling, pricing, and analytics suite to enable effective decision making by Risk, Portfolio Managers, and the Investment Committee
- Assist Risk Managers to identify, evaluate and manage the risks of trading strategies across multiple asset classes including Equities, Fixed Income, Credit and FX
- Implement and maintain risk models and perform back-testing and stress testing to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of risk management & trading strategies.
- Proactively explore and develop new tools & approaches to understanding the data and analytics across the differing asset classes
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 2 - 8 years of experience in software development within a hedge fund, investment bank or other financial institution
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, C++, and Java, and experience with SQL and database management systems
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and experience in statistical analysis, data modeling or machine learning desirable
- High levels of motivation and continually seeking to improve the performance of self and supportive of others to perform
- A collaborative team player, systematic, rigorous with an exceptionally high attention to detail