12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we're building
We are seeking an IT Helpdesk Analyst to support the transformation and the future growth of the business, simplifying our IT architecture by removing our legacy systems and delivering new solutions providing market-leading services for our colleagues, customers and advisers.
As a member of the IoM Infrastructure team, the Helpdesk Analyst is responsible for first line support to users based primarily in the Isle of Man; managing incidents, recording and alerting, initial support and classification, investigation and diagnosis, resolution and recovery, or assignment to second level teams as well as the administration of the helpdesk Knowledge Base and upkeep of helpdesk related procedures and the actioning of standard daily tasks.
What you'll do
• Provide first line support to GWLE's customers via phone, email and web channels.
• Perform triage, resolve incidents and respond to queries on PC's, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and email and business applications.
• Assign incidents to second line support teams when required.
• Advise customers on optimum usage of GWLE provided services.
• Contribute technical content and solutions and maintain departmental procedures in the Knowledge Base repositories.
• Maintain excellent knowledge of operating environments, business teams, applications and vendors across all lines of business.
• Maintain timely awareness of current initiatives, product rollouts and changes to technical environments.
• Adhere to Service Desk processes and related procedures across the incident lifecycle.
• Adhere to agreed service levels, targets and quality metrics.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Evidence of some working knowledge of IT business technologies; networks, servers, Windows server and desktop operating system, PC hardware, Office applications.
• Previous experience working in IT or similar customer facing role.
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Benefits of working at Canada Life
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Culture and Values
Our culture is incredibly important to us at Canada Life and everything we do is underpinned by our values - people, integrity, excellence and togetherness. We know that values alone won't create a company culture and that it's our people living the values that brings our culture to life. That's why we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces. We want our people to have long and rewarding careers with us. That's why we offer on-the-job training, flexible working and opportunities to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
Diversity and inclusion
"Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
At Canada Life we believe in the power of great people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives coming together to build better futures. Emerging talent is crucial to our growth and creating an environment that continues to inspire us all."
Nick Harding, Chief People Officer, Canada Life UK
We appreciate that everyone has different work and life responsibilities. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part time, for any of our roles should this be a requirement for you.