VP, Wealth Portfolio Manager
- Berkshire Bank
- Albany, New York (US)
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Feb 21, 2023
- Apr 22, 2023
- Job Function
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Equities, Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Wealth Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
VP, Wealth Portfolio Manager
Division: Asset Management
Department: Berkshire Wealth Management
Reports to: SVP, Director of Wealth Management or SVP, Portfolio Manager
Manage and service client portfolios including investment management and/or fiduciary (irrevocable and revocable trust) accounts across global equities and bonds. Implements investment strategies determined by the investment team based on client objectives and risk tolerance. Performs investment research and stays informed of developments in the economy and security markets. Contributes to the new business effort by writing thought pieces, presenting to both external and internal sources and through strong COI relationships. Ensures internal and external compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities through strong COI relationships and obtains add-on business from existing customers by nurturing relationships and educating clients on services. Presents investment strategies to individual and corporate/institutional prospects; participates in seminars and writes thought pieces to increase business volume in support of business growth goals. Assist relationship managers in new business presentations. Collaborates with colleagues throughout the bank to achieve a high level of broad client service.
- Consults with individual and institutional clients to develop investment objectives and constraints, establish appropriate asset allocation, implement strategy, and review performance. Maintains strong client relationships to ensure client satisfaction. Collaborates with Wealth Advisors on trust, estate, and financial planning matters for clients.
- Analyzes the financial condition of companies and other investment opportunities. Implements investment process and analytical framework that aligns with the department’s investment strategy; executes trades. Stays abreast of relevant financial conditions and market trends. Provides investment input to Trust and Investment Committee. Meets regularly with other members of the department to review overall investment policies and to evaluate industry and security reports.
- Provides leadership in other areas of the division to enhance the build out of strategic initiatives; examples: channel development, trading and technology enhancements, corporate action oversight
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- BA or equivalent degree
- CFA preferred
- 5+ years of client portfolio management experience
- ESG research experience a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of global markets, investments, portfolio construction and performance attribution
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong quantitative and technical skills
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Wealth Management Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs