Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Audit Manager - Global Treasury, Vice President, who will provide leadership in executing Audit's assurance coverage over key treasury functions including capital and liquidity management, asset-liability management, and the investment portfolio and bank funding. This will include assessing strategic and operational activities associated with these functions globally, as well as involvement in regulatory engagements covering these functions. Coverage will include State Street's CCAR and liquidity programs. In this role, you will report directly to the Audit Director for Treasury, and you will support the annual audit planning and development, risk assessment, scoping and execution of audits related to the Global Treasury processes and risks. This role may be based in Boston, London or NYC/ Jersey City. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability; regulators rely upon us to provide assurance that the bank operates in a manner that is compliant with key banking regulations to properly manage risks to the company and the global financial systems. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role, you will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Audit Manager - Global Treasury, Vice President you will
• Engage proactively with Treasury leadership and second line of defense teams to identify critical functions and key controls in order to establish and execute an audit coverage plan.
• Support the execution of a risk-based audit plan, review and approve audit work products to ensure thorough effective coverage and timely and effective escalation of issues and conclusions.
• Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including audit findings, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management.
• Prepare relevant risk and audit reporting to key stakeholders including executive management and governance committees.
• Participate as a non-voting member of various ALCO sub-committees, management working groups, promoting balanced discussions and encouraging challenge and debate.
• Maintain effective partnerships with key senior leaders in the Treasury organization by identifying potential control risks and gaps while development and implementation activities are underway.
• Influence effective and sustainable improvements to processes and controls through insights gained based on risk and control expertise.
• Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes.
• Provide insight on the evolving regulatory environment and interact with regulators.
• Stay abreast of industry matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects. What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Ability to manage complexity, effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in non-routine situations and in a fast-paced environment.
• Solid understanding of capital and/or liquidity regulatory requirements and management practices.
• Excellent analytical, problem resolving, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams, and large-scale projects.
• Strong client relationship.
• Fluency in English - written and spoken Education & Preferred Qualifications
• 10 plus years of experience in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing, or Balance Sheet Management
• Bachelor's degree, preferable in finance, accounting or related field
• Advanced degree or certification (CFA, FRM, CPA, CIA) preferred
• Experience executing or auditing treasury-related areas such as:
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Asset-Liability Management
- Portfolio Management
While majority of the time you will work from your primary location, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates. Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers