10+ years experience within valuations/quant/technical middle office functions of investment banks.
Experience of reserving, pricing, risk management and pricing models preferred
Experience of coding platforms (particularly Python) desirable.
Required to engage with senior Front Office, GSA and other infrastructure stakeholders and manage key methodology projects.Additional Job DescriptionDetails of the Division and Team:
The Chief Risk Office function has Group-wide responsibility for the management and control of all credit, market, operational, enterprise and liquidity risks and has the responsibility of continual development of methods for risk measurement, frameworks and creating a bank wide strong risk culture. Deutsche Bank has been named 'Bank Risk Manager of the Year' by the leading publication risk.net for the second consecutive year (2020 & 2021).
Valuation Control (VC) is part of our independent Risk function and sits within the Market and Valuations Risk Management (MVRM) group. The primary objectives of the VC APAC team are to ensure the integrity and control over all aspects of the valuation of the bank's trading portfolios in the region, act as an internal advisor and operate a center of excellence for valuation risk and methodology.Your key responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be up to a Vice-President Level and will be part of the Valuation Control APAC team managing model, methodology and Day 1 controls.
The candidate is required to demonstrate deep pricing, modelling, booking and risk comprehension of the products and markets across our businesses with an emphasis on exotic derivative and structured products. In addition, the candidate is expected to exhibit solid stakeholder and project management skills, and make recommendations balancing commercial judgment with a robust valuation risk culture.
Key responsibilities include
Your skills and experience:
- Implement alternative model methodologies via reserves to address weaknesses in production models including use of alternative models, using alternative model settings and re-calibrating existing models
- Facilitate resolution of model usage exceptions across the region, partnering with business, quant, risk and model validation colleagues.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing valuation methodologies deployed across the valuation control spectrum (including Day 1, model, levelling, reserves, prudential valuation and independent price verification)
- Analysis of new exotic/structured transactions including dimensions of market data observability, xVA, reserves, model appropriateness and booking appropriateness.
- Implementing market data observability standards across the dimensions of Day 1 profit recognition, IFRS levelling and independent price verification methodologies. This includes engagement with Strats to codify our methodologies and rule-sets in current and future systems architecture.
- Proactively improve methodologies, controls and processes through automation and optimizing Singapore & Mumbai footprint.
- Liaise with Trading, Finance management, Market Risk Management, internal/external audit, and regulators on technical methodology issues both regionally and globally across markets and businesses.
- 10-15 years prior experience and hands-on experience of the pricing, modelling, booking and risk representation of interest rate, fx and credit products, with an emphasis on exotic derivatives and structured products in the Asia-Pacific markets.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in developing and implementing valuation methodologies across the spectrum of new products, Day 1 P&L, pricing model controls, reserving, prudential valuation and independent price verification. Practical experience of Excel-VBA, other coding applications (particularly Python), market data services and banking model pricing libraries required.
- Experience in managing senior stakeholder engagements and managing project management across a range of technical methodology implementations, balancing commercial judgment with a robust valuation risk challenge culture.
- High level of academic achievement from a mathematical / statistical / engineering / quant background or further quantitative education (e.g. Master of Quantitative Finance or equivalent).
- Strong experience within the valuation/quant/technical middle office departments of a large investment bank with in-depth technical knowledge across a broad range of markets, products and asset classes.
- Specific exposure to reserving, pricing, risk management and modelling aspects of global markets trading businesses.
- Highly motivated candidate, capable to work well both in a team environment and effectively under pressure.
- Able to devise creative solutions to issues as they arise while maintaining a strategic perspective.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build constructive relationships with business and other infrastructure teams, while at the same time being able to challenge with confidence when required.
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies.