Department: Investment Operations Region 1, Infrastructure Investment Department Job Type: Global Recruitment Posting Date: Feb. 13, 2023 Closing Date: Mar. 27, 2023 Private Sector Investment Associate
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Infrastructure Investment Department is looking for early-career professionals with experience in commercial banks, investment banks and consulting organizations to augment its talent pool of private sector specialists. The Associates will support Project Team Leads on deal structuring, execution, and client relationship management for AIIB's private sector operations. This will require close inter-departmental cooperation and collaboration. An individual with strong technical expertise, sound coordination skills , adaptable, ready to learn and support the success of financial transactions involving many parties. Responsibilities
- Conduct sectoral, industry and market research;
- Analyze financial statements; create, review and operate financial models;
- Support early screening of potential investment opportunities;
- Support the Project Team Lead on investment due diligence with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered (and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documentation);
- Co-lead the preparation of project documents for internal approval; and
- Support the implementation and monitoring of investments.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with specialization in business administration or finance, engineering or related fields;
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (with a Bachelor's degree) or 2-3 years of relevant work experience (with a Master's degree) in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks, professional/engineering/consulting firm, and/or international financial institutions;
- Understanding of the general due diligence required for infrastructure finance;
- Understanding of financial products such as debt and equity in corporate/project finance transactions;
- Experience in financial/economic analysis of projects (modelling skills or credit skills will be an advantage);
- Technical expertise in an engineering field such as transport, energy, water or urban sector is not necessary but can be an advantage;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.