Are you an expert in analytics? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you know how to work as an individual contributor as well as with a team, and deliver effective solutions? We're looking for someone like that to:
• analyze conceptual and mathematical soundness of models used by the firm, review their calibration quality, model outcome, and model performance tests
• assess the model's implementation, by developing quantitative benchmark analyses
• scrutinize input data and run tests to assess the correctness and stability of the model implementation
• identify model assumptions, weaknesses and limitations and evaluate overall model risk
• interact with stakeholders: model developers and users and senior management
• document the assessment for internal as well as for regulatory purposes
Graduate Talent Program
Our Graduate Talent Program (GTP) lasts 18 months. You'll be directly involved in day-to-day operations, working with professionals and gaining first-hand experience of our business.
As well as on-the-job learning, you'll get training on the financial markets, our products and other core business topics. Rotational assignments are a key part of the program. By taking on other roles in related departments, you'll gain a wider perspective.
Besides all that, you'll attend networking events, cross-business classes and social occasions where you'll get to know us.
To learn more about our Graduate Talent Programs, click here . Your team
You'll be working in the Model Risk Management and Control team in Zurich. We are responsible for the independent validation of models used by UBS within the areas of: Treasury Risk, Finance modelling, Algo trading, as well as the models used by the Asset Management and Wealth Management divisions of the bank.
You need have completed your bachelor's or master's degree.
In particular, you have:
• a gift for using numerical analysis, statistics and financial mathematics to solve practical problems
• good communication skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• an interest in financial markets, numbers, models and products
• proven numerical and quantitative skills for understanding and applying quantitative models
• experience with high-level programming language and statistical modeling software know-how (like Python, R, Apache Spark, or similar)
• excellent English (written and oral)
Perhaps you've organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you've achieved match the skills we're after.
Start date: July 2023
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.