Lead Investment Analyst
- DC Retirement Board
- Washington D.C.
- Entire Range: $81,941 - $127,040 (DOQ) + excellent benefits
- Feb 10, 2023
- Apr 11, 2023
- Job Function
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side, Fixed Income Research: Sell Side, Hedge Funds, Investment Advisor/Consultant, Performance Analysis, Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Equities, Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Risk Management
- Industry Sector
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ABOUT THE D.C. RETIREMENT BOARD:
The District of Columbia Retirement Board (DCRB) is an independent agency of the District of Columbia Government. Our mission is to manage and control the assets of the D.C. Police Officers' and Firefighters' Retirement Fund and the D.C. Teachers' Retirement Fund as well as to administer benefits for the members of the of the D.C. Police Officers' and Firefighters' Retirement Plan and the D.C. Teachers' Retirement Plan.
Under the direction of the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and other senior members of the team, the Lead Investment Analyst will independently perform a wide variety of analytical, research, and administrative work involved in the evaluation and management of the District of Columbia Retirement Board’s investment program. While DCRB’s CIO will serve as the direct manager of the Lead Investment Analyst, the department’s Senior Investment Strategist will provide day-to-day guidance and support. This is a generalist role working with a small, collegial team on public and private markets investments. The candidate must display passion, curiosity, and a desire for professional growth in the investment field. This is a mid-level position suited to someone interested in developing their career in institutional investment management in preparation for a more senior-level role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance of the job)
- Serve as mentor to incumbents in the Investment Analyst role; provide day-to-day guidance, feedback, and coaching, as needed.
- Gather information and data from a variety of sources to develop and maintain current knowledge of investment market conditions and trends.
- Assist/lead in quantitative analysis of financial markets, asset allocation, investment performance, risk management and economic data.
- Assist/lead in monitoring existing investments for consistency with established benchmarks, investment objectives, and manager-specific guidelines.
- Assist/lead in the search for new investment opportunities by gathering information from a variety of sources, analyzing expected returns and risks, and determining consistency with established investment objectives.
- Assist/lead in the discussions of investment issues and problems with external investment managers and recommend appropriate action.
- Assist/lead in the selection of investment service providers.
- Assist/lead in reviewing proxy voting records, transaction cost analysis, and investment manager fees.
- Assist/lead in reviewing asset allocation and investment risk; recommend changes to correct departures from established allocation and risk targets.
- Assist/lead in the development of investment policies and procedures.
- Assist/lead in preparing a variety of written, statistical, and financial reports/information – including Investment Committee agenda items, minutes, special project reports, investment performance reports, investment recommendation memos, educational workshops, and correspondence.
The incumbent also may:
- Establish and maintain databases and prepare spreadsheets.
- Review and reconcile various reports on investment transactions and performance, and help plan investment workshops.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with appropriate members of the external investment community both virtually and by traveling to attend conferences and annual meetings.
- Take an active role in correspondence and collaboration with investment consultants and other third-party service providers.
- Present to Trustees and/or internal team.
- Assist in performance of various departmental administrative functions, as needed.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills – with academic and/or industry experience in asset allocation, investment/risk management, financial markets, economics, and/or data science.
- Ability to learn, understand complex financial, economic, as well as legal issues.
- Familiarity with a range of statistical software packages, including but not limited to: R, Stata, and/or Excel Data Analysis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree
JOB EXPERIENCE (Years & Type)
A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience with an investments firm, financial firm, consulting firm, pension fund, endowment, foundation, family office, or sovereign wealth fund—including experience:
- Monitoring and measuring performance within institutional portfolios and/or capital markets; and/or
- Developing quantitative applications to analyze and monitor public and/or private investments, as well as qualitative skills for assessment and recommendations.
- Interest in pursuing or progress toward the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designations.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Normal office environment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DCRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
More searches like this
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Government Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Government Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Hedge Funds Government Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Government Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Performance Analysis Government Full Time Bachelors jobs