Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business continues to be a market leader when it comes to providing enterprise content for the financial services industry. Our offering includes outstanding enterprise data and data delivery via a fully handled platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology, tools, and high-touch client service model. Research Data Product Manager:
Our research data solutions will deliver the most compelling, innovative and comprehensive point in time data solution for quantitative and quantimental analysis in the capital markets industry. We are producing a suite of normalized and linked historical data products that include company fundamentals, consensus estimates, pricing, supply chain, granular segment level data, products, brands and alternative data into an outstanding data solution. We want an ambitious, creative and innovative SME that understands the systematic and quantitative workflow who can help us fashion this portfolio of products into something truly outstanding that will help us achieve our goal of becoming the industry leader in this space.
This business is core to our growth strategy across Enterprise Data, and our ambition is to continue servicing the most complex demands and challenges of our clients so that they can keep innovating and delivering value to their clients.
Our team is responsible for identifying, creating, and designing data solutions that leverage Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading research data. This requires an in-depth understanding of a research analyst's workflow. Key to this is understanding the multifaceted challenges our clients are trying to solve and making sure that we remain their trusted partner as they work with us to build solutions driven by outstanding data.
We are looking for an experienced data professional who understands the multiple use cases for research enterprise content including quantitative and quantamental research across multiple investment management strategies. We will trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Show domain expertise on research and alternative data, and how analysts they are linking these datasets together to build an edge in an increasingly driven market
- Stay current on major research trends within the financial industry that continue to evolve and redefine traditional thinking and drive the many use cases for enterprise data
- Develop a deep understanding of our enterprise offering when it comes to our Research data content as well as the accessibility, usability, quality, tools, and services available to clients that allow them to deepen their interaction and usage of our content
- Set, track, and review metrics for desired product outcomes and clearly communicate product vision, roadmap, and development status and execute through collaboration with multiple partners including global data specialists, sales, engineers, and support organization
- Develop a positive relationship with a core group of clients that will partner with us to expand our understanding of their key challenges and evolve our offering through ongoing dialogue and experimentation to systematically take on their challenges
- Display product management skills and effectively handle data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Understand data science techniques and platforms that our clients are either building or leveraging to extract value from big data
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving, analytical, and technical skills through proficiency in Python or similar programming languages typically used in data science and data engineering
- A minimum of 5 years'* experience as a Product Manager or related role
- A solid understanding of capital markets, preferably in a broad range of asset classes
- Familiarity with data science and quantitative investing processes Basic proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages typically used in data science, greater proficiency is highly valued
- Problem solving skills to deconstruct client problems with a data driven approach when making a case for resources, improvements, and getting management agreement
- Self-motivated and driven by innovation and idea sharing The capability of encouraging relationships with new and existing clients as well building an internal network that fosters collaboration and build on a strong culture of teamwork
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, business management, or other equivalent
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role. If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com