- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- A competitive base salary and annual incentive award are commensurate with experience and earnings h
- Feb 07, 2023
- Mar 01, 2023
- Job Function
- Credit Analysis, Investment Advisor/Consultant, Performance Analysis, Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Equities, Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Risk Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
University of Minnesota Foundation Investment Advisors (UMFIA) is seeking an Investment Analyst to join its team of ten investment and operations professionals. The position conducts research and analyses in support of sourcing, underwriting, and due diligence of new investments, primarily focused on private direct and co-investment opportunities.
University of Minnesota Foundation Investment Advisors (UMFIA), is an independent nonprofit subsidiary of the nonprofit University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF). UMF is a key partner with the University of Minnesota in building and sustaining excellence among students and faculty and fueling discovery in important areas on all University-wide campuses. UMFIA was formed in 1998 to provide dedicated professional management of UMF’s investments and manages the endowment across a broad range of asset types. UMFIA aims to achieve an appropriate risk-adjusted return on client assets by linking intelligent asset allocation with skillful investment implementation. UMFIA utilizes a wide variety of securities and partnerships in the execution of its investment strategy.
The Investment Analyst participates in, and documents meetings that occur internally or with external managers and service providers. The position also supports the ongoing monitoring of existing investments and external investment managers.
The Investment Analyst supports internal and external investment reporting including, but not limited to, performance evaluation, asset allocation, portfolio analytics, and cash flow projections. Additionally, this position assists and/or backs up senior members of the investment team in a variety of internal portfolio management and external investment manager processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support investment initiatives and processes
- Assists with sourcing of new investment opportunities
- External investment managers
- Direct investments
- Assists in due diligence and/or underwriting
- Modeling of cash flows, returns, structure,
- Reference checks and third-party validation
- Document review for key investment terms
- Documents internal and external meetings and records the notes in a contact relationship management system
- Assist in the creation of investment recommendation memos
- Monitoring ongoing existing investment performance
Analytical support (10%)
- Gathers, organizes and presents relevant data and analyses as needed Create reports, graphics, and financial models Assists in the evaluation of investment transactions
- Maintains internal investment dashboards
- Supports quarterly investment reporting process and makes any recommendations for process improvements.
Quality assurance (in collaboration with the operations team) (10%)
- Assists with data acquisition and database management
- Assists with investment documentation and checklist completion
- Assists in operational due diligence of external managers
- Assists in preparing information for the annual financial audit
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of, and competence with, basic investment concepts and financial statements
- Experience with a Windows PC environment and with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
Please note: Applicants must be presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any US employer; this position is not eligible for employment-based visa sponsorship or relocation.
A competitive base salary and annual incentive award are commensurate with experience and earnings history. UMFIA provides a strong benefits package.
This is a typical office environment in which employees use office equipment like personal computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones; stand or sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3) hours; may need to lift and move documents and supplies (not to exceed 25 lbs.); and bend to file or retrieve documents.
Our organization follows a hybrid work structure where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed, based on demands of specific tasks or personal work preferences. Working from the office is encouraged during the onboarding process and when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Deadline to submit resume is March 1, 2023.
The University of Minnesota Foundation Investment Advisors is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Indigenous, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+, gender nonconforming and members of other historically underrepresented communities are highly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Performance Analysis Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Full Time Bachelors jobs