As a Barclays Risk - Project Manager, you will primarily focus on project and programme management across a diverse and fluid portfolio of initiatives with a regulatory, control and risk management focus. Joining the Risk transformation team, you will perform a change delivery role that contributes towards the design and delivery of Risk's strategy and transformation plans, as well as provide project expertise to assist with the successful execution of significant change projects.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting project or programme planning and delivery activities on assigned projects, across the change lifecycle
• Backing transparent adherence to project governance requirements and best practice
• Liaising with Subject Matter Experts across different business areas and functions to deliver requirements
• Identifying, raising and supporting the management and mitigation of Risks and Issues, following appropriate governance and escalation channels
• Assisting with the process and systems change and optimisation that demonstrate operational excellence, efficiency, and innovation,
• Providing proactive solutions to blockers that could prevent strategic change
• Giving succinct and accurate status updates on project activities, to back tracking and reporting of progress to project stakeholders
• Developing and maintaining close working relationships with key stakeholders across the Risk function
What we're looking for:
• Confident, clear and articulate communicator
• Ability to build solid working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of seniority
• Excellent organisation skills, with an eye for detail and a proven ability to manage multiple parallel deliverables within tight timeframes
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and able to utilise this software in communication with a range of stakeholders with awareness of Visio and Microsoft Projects
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Innovator who is confident to challenge the status quo
• Strategic thinker, able to drive transformation and change through both near and longer-term projects
• Awareness of the structure of the Risk function and wider organisation, and broader industry awareness including the evolving regulatory and strategic landscape
• Understanding of Change Delivery policies and standards and associated control requirements in use across Barclays
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.