As a Barclays Credit Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the identification, sanction and review of corporate credit risk across the Barclaycard portfolios. You will work in partnership with Relationship/Product and relevant bank sanctioning teams, provide credit input and expertise, while delivering a World Class credit service and ensuring achievement of the team's risk and business objectives.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining and improving the quality of the credit portfolio by applying best practice in decision making, in line with personal and team lending discretions
• Providing expert lending advice and sanctioning for our existing clients, focusing on ensuring that we provide overall support within our credit appetite
• Knowing the risks, setting appropriate monitoring and control, and providing early referrals to Business Support where appropriate
• Developing partnership with Sales and Relationship teams and their leaders, maintaining, and improving the overall quality of our lending book
• Working with Relationship colleagues, providing post application based coaching and discussions
• Demonstrating collaborative working relationship and negotiation skills with First Line of Defence across business areas i.e. ability to communicate factual and sound judgment
What we're looking for:
• Relevant experience in a credit risk management role displaying credit assessment, structuring and sanctioning skills
• Broad understanding of Barclaycard, Business and Corporate Banking products and risk policies
• Relationship Building Skills demonstrating negotiation and influencing skills
• Possessing a customer/client focus
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Completed Credit Skills Development (CSD) qualification or equivalent providing relevant technical skills
• Has broad intellect, balanced by practical and pragmatic approach
• Good Analytical and Numerate skills with a decisive nature
• Excellent Communication Skills
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.