The ESG Center supports the client unit asset management and the center of excellence investments with regards to all cross-boutique conceptual, legal, strategic and operational ESG investment aspects. We are looking for an ESG Data Governance Specialist to drive and lead various ESG data related projects. When applying for this job you should ask yourself four questions:
•\tIs data your passion?
•\tDo you enjoy working with business stakeholders of all levels and translate their needs to clean, and well analysed business requirements?
•\tDo you understand the importance of good data quality, and how it is contributes to the success of an asset manager?
•\tWould you like to work in an environment where you are trusted and given responsibility at an early stage?
If your answer is "Yes" to all of them. Then this job is for you!.
- ESG data steward for the center of excellence investments for agreed key ESG data provider (e.g., MSCI ESG, BMO reo).
- Drive formulation of business requirements for ESG data platform
- Act as a link between IT and investment teams on cross-boutique (incl. WM mandates) ESG data related projects (e.g., ESG information on factsheets).
- Specialist for all investment, and product related ESG reporting's (e.g., factsheets, client reports, PAI entity report, SFDR annual fund reports)
- Specialist for ESG regulatory aspects in particular for reporting (e.g., PAI entity, annual fund, and mandate) and data governance (e.g., sustainable investments, EU taxonomy, consideration of PAI) with a focus on EU, and CH
- Pro-actively identifies, and closes Vontobel legal, and operational gaps with regards to ESG data together with the relevant stakeholder (e.g., investment teams, T&S IT)
- Understanding of how ESG data is used within business processes and its impact on desired business process outcomes
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the importance and impact of data (or bad data) on the ability of the business to meet its own objectives (e.g., investment teams meeting their own investment objectives).
- Facilitation and conflict resolution skills to assist in resolving the different points of view and requirements that invariably collide during cross-team and cross-organization efforts
- Ability to influence peers to modify behaviors and provide support for the adoption of data governance policies
- Pragmatic approach, as well as a structured and independent way of working
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Solid project management skills
- Basic database query (SQL or similar), and programming (python) skills would be an advantage
- Fluency in English, German a strong plus
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .