Model Validation Senior ManagerSalary: London
- £110,000, National
Are you a Qualified actuarial professional with a risk management orientation looking for your next step up? Then look no further this role is for you!
We are looking for a Model Validation Senior Manager to join our Actuarial department.A bit about us and the job:
The role is intended to provide expertise, thought design and execution of technical and non-technical aspects of GI on model validation. As part of the newly crafted Model Risk Management Framework, Independent Validation is required for material models across the entire Aviva Group. This has been translated into the establishment of a Group Shared Services Centre, i.e., the Model Validation Centre of Excellence, which encompasses the Independent Validation of these material models, including the Solvency II Internal Model. Independent Model Validation is a key risk mitigation tool to reduce model error across the Group and is of importance to the Board and under increasing scrutiny from regulators.
The role supports the Head of Model Validation (GI) and the GMVD to deliver quality validation services across the Group in respect of models owned by the different GI Business Units, being accountable for supporting the scoping, execution, documentation, and collaborator management. Furthermore, this specialist resource is responsible to contribute to the repository of validation tools and toy/challenger models built by the CoE.Skills and experience we're looking for:
What you'll get for this role:
- You must be an experienced actuarial professional with extensive experience on reviewing/challenging valuation and capital models, with particular emphasis on Reserving and pricing models
- Any capital modelling experience would be a big advantage
- Understanding of Financial reporting rules as well as good report writing skills
- Strong understanding of UK GI products, in particular personal lines, would be necessary
- Clear communication style, able to cut through complexity and engage with both technical and non-technical audiences
Aviva is for everyone:
- London starting salary £110,000, National starting salary £95,000, depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer's leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
We are inclusive and welcome everyone - we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you're in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working - spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll interview you.