What the Hiring Manager Says
GTS is Quilter Group's primary engine for the delivery of business and technology change including the provision of robust infrastructure and IT service operations that everyone can depend upon. GTS brings technology-enabled innovation to market by developing relevant, integrated and optimised solutions that are scalable, commercially viable and deliver long-term value aligned to the business strategy.
Working as a strategic partner to the business our mission is to build informed and robust future-orientated technology and skills capabilities that create the right environment for our people and business to prosper with a focus on reducing complexity and excelling in the execution of our strategy.About the RoleLevel
: Southampton, England/London, England/ Home WorkerContract type
The Development Practice Manager defines and drives the Software Development Community of Practice, associated framework, methodology and governance across the business units / functions. The role is responsible for developing Software Development capability and ensuring that technology teams are aligned to a unified approach to drive successful business outcomes.Community of Practice Framework and Standards
- Defines and develops Quilter's Software Development Community of Practice to ensure a sustainable Software Development Operating Model, developing, implementing and maintaining the Software Development framework, SDLC, principles, practices, standards aligned to Quilter's Technology Strategy.
- Utilises best practices to ensure Software Development is effectively planned, resourced and deployed in alignment with the overall business unit / function technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Defines the governance for Software Development and determines the process and controls for future change to ensure alignment to emerging business needs.
- Drives active collaboration within the Software Development Community of Practice creating compelling propositions to embed ways of working.
- Ensures Software Development best practice and lessons learnt are shared with technology, service teams and Communities of Practice to evolve ways of working and ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensures Software Development methodology is aligned to and delivered in accordance with Quilter policy and standards.
- Works with Business Unit / Function teams to support the adoption of Software Development best practice, educating teams and promoting a learning culture to develop technical expertise.
- Advises and assists technology and delivery teams in delivering projects using appropriate Software Development methodologies.
- Drives quality of Software Development execution, facilitates consistent ways of working and optimises methods of delivery across projects.
- Contributes to the assessment, enablement, growth and sustainability of Software Development capabilities across the business units / functions.
- Implements Software Development measurements to evaluate and report the performance and compliance of the organisation to Software Development methodology.
- Monitors and reports on the performance and compliance of the organisation to Software Development methodology.
- Conducts performance deep dive assessments on a sample set of software development projects.
- Implements improvements to the Software Development practice based on regular reviews.
- Leadership and People Management
- Provides clear directions to team members about business priorities and performance expectations.
- Deploys teams in an effective way, balancing delivery of goals with skill development.
- Encourages collaboration, teamwork and open communication within the team and across the function.
- Demonstrates commitment to change and actively supports others to adapt to changing circumstances gaining buy-in and commitment through effective involvement and communication.
- Maximises performance in the team through regular check-ins to support continuous improvement.
- Provides effective feedback and coaching to team members and identifies development needs to support employees.
Applications from people with diverse backgrounds enables our inclusive organisation to thrive. If you feel you don't match our job description exactly, why not take a chance on yourself and apply? You could be exactly what this role needs.
You will effectively manage change and initiate new and improved ways of working which positively impact our customers.
You will communicate with clarity and impact; demonstrate excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
You will objectively and systematically analyse problems and risks in order to develop appropriate solutions.
Agile - you will make decisions within remit and execute in a fast, simple and focused way.
You will collaborate effectively with stakeholders and colleagues to positively impact results and deliver effective customer outcomes.
You will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers.
You will be able to successfully influence, persuade and challenge stakeholders.
You'll have a strong leadership capability, you will engage, motivate, coach and develop individuals to meet their career goals and those of the organisation.
You will build organisation capability, leading, championing and investing in own and the team's technical skills development, looking outwardly to keep up to date with technology advances and utilising knowledge to deliver new and innovative solutions to our customers.
The successful candidate will maintain focus and drive for results, operating calmly in high pressure situations.
You will demonstrate credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity and act as a role model for the Quilter values - Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together.
You'll be an ITIL and Agile Practitioner.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record within IT functions, including systems analysis, development.
You will have technical knowledge and experience administering Jira and an understanding and knowledge of IT best practices and software development processes.
You will have experience of working in an Agile or DevOps environment and experience of working in 'Virtual' teams' cross function/cross business and geographies.
You'll be knowledgeable of the IT delivery lifecycle, associated methodologies and their practical application.
You will be able to produce high quality documentation.
You'll have experience in root cause analysis.
Our purpose is to help the generations today and tomorrow to prosper. That means we must guide people through the complexity of planning for their future, with the right financial advice and investment solutions, so that they can have more secure financial futures.
In this ever-changing world, we see that our role in society has never been more meaningful, and we are committed to using our expertise and care to guide our customers through these challenging and unprecedented times.
Our impressive talents and capabilities set us apart, but our unwavering commitment to our customers is what defines us. We truly believe that we have all the ingredients to be the very best in our industry, and we want great people with the care and creativity that we need, to help us get there.
We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where everyone's contribution is valued, and our people can thrive. No matter what your role is or where you sit, your voice will matter. We hope you like what you hear and are interested in learning more about joining us.Core BenefitsHoliday
: 26 days Quilter Incentive Scheme
: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to itPension Scheme
: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributionsPrivate Medical Insurance
: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own costLife Assurance
: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own costIncome Protection
: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absenceIn addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.