Job Description: Job Title : NOC - Incident Mgmt Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President Location: Chester Bank of America:
We are a financial services company offering a wide array of opportunities across many functions. Our focus on the financial success of our clients - individuals, companies and institutional investors - shapes the way that we organize ourselves and run our business.
Global Technology delivers technology services globally across the bank's eight lines of business that serve individuals, companies and institutions. The team also focuses on digital banking, payments, infrastructure, data management and technology that enhances cyber security, and risk and capital management.
Innovation is at the heart of all Global Technology does. As a member of Global Tech, you will use leading technologies such as robotics and artificial intelligence, as well as improved processes, to build our business. The team has replaced core platforms and simplified its infrastructure to improve speed to market. Its private cloud provides an environment that is scalable and secure. Global Tech uses data and analytics to enhance service, provide solutions and deepen relationships. Role Description:
The Network Operations Organization is seeking an experienced Network Operations Incident Manager to be part of the Production Support team working with all Lines of Businesses, CTO/CIO groups and technical teams to deliver Best-in-Class service levels and be responsible for day to day support of Operations at a global level analysing, understanding, and helping to drive the resolution of network incidents. The position requires an individual that is innovative with a great deal of initiative and a collaborative, yet proactive approach. The candidate will be expected to manage incident bridge lines and to play an active role in technical triage in support of complex Network issues and to also work with our Vendor Partners to quickly resolve any service impairment. The ideal candidate should possess excellent technical and communication skills. The Team:
The team consists of 25 Network Operations engineers, conversant in a range of Data, Security, Voice and Collaboration technologies. The team are based in 3 locations within the UK - Chester, London and Camberley although this specific role is Chester based. The team has a close working relationship that supports each other and is considered a high performing team. The team is also part of a follow the sun model so this involves interaction with our global colleagues in the AMRS and APAC regions (specifically the US, Singapore and India). Core Skills:
- Experience with Information Technologies, ideally with a focus in network technologies
- Strong understanding of networking (OSI Layer 1 - 4)
- Good situational awareness of past, current, and future incident, changes, and/or related work
- Ability to perform clear, concise, and effective communication at a (and between a) technical level and senior management level
- Experience with Incident Management in IT operations:
- Demonstrate effective "Command and Control" of triage bridges for troubleshooting efforts on a large incident or multiple incidents that are significant in scope and impact
- Experience supporting/managing a multi-vendor enterprise network (Cisco, Arista, F5, Fortinet, BlueCat, and more) or equivalent multi-vendor approach
- Experience with monitoring & observability with tools such as Splunk, SevOne, and other fault management tools
Bank of America:
- Develop and/or maintain necessary incident management and communication reports
- Work with Problem Management on root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent a repeat of the associated incidents
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.