The role is designated to combine world class services and seamless sales delivery of the bank's products and solutions in order to achieve high client satisfaction and loyalty, as well as growing the revenues of selected clients. Builds strong service focused relationships and rapport with key clients to increase wallet shares & revenue retention for TB by: Opportunity Identification/Top-Line Growth
Client Service Experience
- Independently manage and own revenue outcomes for specific tagged accounts. Client list to be agreed with line manager and regional segment heads.
- Conduct comprehensive service reviews with client Operations and Product staff - ensuring engagement at all levels of the client organization to drive product sales and cross-sell opportunities.
- Explore opportunities (as part of service reviews) and recommend specific product/services which can be offered to client, after analyzing customer data and /or stated requirements.
- Review client data and alerts for cash/trade volume changes, facility utilization and potential changes in service levels; track branch volumes and highlight volume dips/gains.
- Regularly interact with client/client branches who give us high volumes/business to help strengthen relationship.
- Build strong client relationships by providing excellent Customer Service for resolving Trade and Cash inquiries in real time, ensuring smooth delivery of cross border products and services.
- Attend to client issues promptly and effectively - taking help of colleagues in the network, conducting root cause analysis, suggesting workable / permanent solutions, escalating major issues to relevant stakeholders and following up with relevant teams to ensure case closure at the earliest.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and performance of service delivery; leverage Voice of Client reviews to change service processes and optimize channel usage.
- Train clients to help them achieve superior operational performance - high STP rates, low operational risk, accurate and prompt SR7 queries etc.
- Proactively engage with, and on behalf of Sales visiting high volume /high enquiry clients periodically to understand client issues and strengthen relationships at Business and Operations levels.
- Review customer satisfaction surveys; participate in key improvement initiatives where necessary.
- Conduct Service Reviews for key clients and/or branches. List of clients and periodicity to be agreed with GTS and signed off by RSH.
- Participate in Global RFPs as Service Specialist to discuss service solutions for clients
- Build stronger and stickier relationships through engagement at multiple levels with clients such as FI team, Treasury teams, and Compliance team alongside operations team.
- Monitor and encourage customers to use SCB electronic platforms, such as Straight2bank, Info Manager etc.,
- Conduct periodic client trainings on various features of Straight2bank and other operational efficiency.
- In absence of Sales, manage their functions with respect to handling client calls, resolving enquiries and/or providing information sought.
- Keep up to date with new product offerings/services and processes.
- Assist Sales to design, conduct and participate in client events for the market and region.
- In conjunction with other Sales team members and RMs, manage the RFI process to ensure client responses are accurate and complete.
- Promptly act on all compliance queries related to clients.
- Work closely with the FI/TB team on the completion of client KYC/CDD file following changes to correspondent banking CDD standards.
- Be aware of and fully compliant with the TB operational risk and governance framework
- Managing account opening process after T&C has been accepted by the clients. This includes coordinating between the FI/RM teams in the booking locations, operations team and managing client expectations. Other product implementations are also handheld by TBCM.
- Input non-standard and complex client queries into GEMS tracker
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders especially - COBAM, Trade Operations, CMO, etc
- Manage all TB Sales risks in the Country (incl. through BORFs & CORCs), conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture, Conduct & Behaviors) and FOSAF.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Build strong knowledge of local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to ensure the business is ahead of the regulatory change agenda
- Proactively engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients
- Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
Key stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Fair Outcomes for Clients;
- Effective Financial Markets;
- Financial Crime Compliance;
- The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head of TB Banks Sales
- Country Chief Information Officer / WB Ops Head
- TB Sales Managers
- Global/Regional/Country Account Manager
- Regional/Country CSG Client Service Manager
- Solution Delivery
- Product Managers
- Senior Managers, Managers from other related departments
- To assist with client plans and gain commitment for rolling our sales plans.
- Train and guide RMs in related transaction banking products and services to facilitate achievement of sales plans
- To provide direction, consistency and support on Client Service issues
- To resolve interdependencies, priorities
- Management of service delivery
- To share best practice and build cross border service solutions
- To provide client feedbacks, MIS data on transactional volumes, utilization, etc for service enhancement
- Align with Group and country business units (TB, CIC and CSG) the strategy to improve share of wallet and revenue
- Key personnel of Global Key clients
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- To understand trends affecting customers' and prospects' businesses in order to structure working capital solutions and sell them our products and services
- To be the escalation point for service problems, enquiries and investigations
- To conduct Global Service Reviews and cross border service issues
Role Specific Competencies
- Linguistic Requirements: fluent in English, any other language is a bonus
About Standard Chartered
- Executing and managing the strategy for selling solutions across all Transaction Banking products to a portfolio of selected clients partnering with the CIC.
- Acting as the main TB Sales on selected relationships to develop them and to drive revenue growth across TB products, while maintaining appropriate relationship-level returns and meeting annual Sales targets.
- Acting as Sales and Service Partner for select County portfolio of banks, as escalation point for all operational & service issues across the network. You will be working together with TB Sales responsible, RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to develop clients' pre-origination service solutions, manage post origination needs, identify opportunities and deliver the Bank's services.
- Develop in role to acquire Product knowledge, to become fully proficient in a range of SCB products and their application to clients.
- To support, assist and drive sales initiatives to defend and grow revenue wallet.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers