As a Barclays Senior Fund and ETF Specialist, you will make significant contributions to the distribution and selection activities for Fund and ETF products through global distribution channels of Private Bank. The Fund and ETF you'll be working on represent a core component of the client offering and a significant growth opportunity for the business. Your role as a Senior Fund and ETF Specialist encompasses variety of responsibilities relating to marketing/selection/review/delivery/on-going management of the Fund and ETF book of business.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Driving Private Bank (PB) distribution of Fund and ETF as a product specialist by developing and maintaining marketing materials
• Promoting selection coverage products aligned with the PB investment framework, ensuring collaboration between the Fund and ETF team, Investment Strategy, and distribution team
• Ensuring that Fund and ETF products distributed by PB are selected appropriately and in line with internal due diligence procedures and client needs
• Leading, coordinating and maintaining manager review processes for a selected group of Fund and ETF
• Assisting the bankers and clients with product related queries (some of which will need to be sourced or resolved via the fund manager)
• Managing the ETF exposures on the platform confidently, assessing the existing offering, identifying any gaps and improving the platform offering over time competently
• Identifying new product ideas in line with PB investment strategy and current themes actively
• Owning products originated by PB through their life cycle, overseeing after-sales reviews and providing commentary for use by distribution teams and channels
What we're looking for:
• Technical knowledge of markets and Fund and ETF products, marketing and portfolio construction
• Good interpersonal skills to manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Teamwork with other Investment teams
• Well-developed commercial sense to drive business growth
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to create clear marketing materials
• Technical knowledge of different fund structures and financial regulations
• Solid and broad market knowledge
• CFA qualification
Where will you be working?
1 Churchill Place in the heart of Canary Wharf is our London headquarter. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with an array of onsite amenities and a real buzz being created around the offices within.