This role will require collaboration with other Investment Specialists and Portfolio Specialist who are currently located in our U.S, UK and Asia offices.
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The Investment Specialist, Fixed Income would tie together the various investment and market insights (Fixed Income views, perspectives from the CIO group and other differentiated views coming out of the investment organization) to develop content and share those investment perspectives with clients. The individual is expected to work closely with the Fixed Income CIO's and will have to engage with clients in discussions around macro-economic trends and opportunities presented within fixed income asset classes. The Investment Specialist will spend the majority of their time (between 40-60%) traveling in the field and at conferences with the relationship management teams, supporting T. Rowe Price's positioning in the market and ongoing sales and client retention efforts. Principle Responsibilities
- Maintain broad knowledge of investment perspectives throughout the firm by attending investment meetings across all investment division and leveraging insights from the Fixed Income team, the CIO group and the broader portfolio specialist/portfolio analyst team (Investment Specialist Group colleagues) in order to articulate a broader point of view from T Rowe Price regarding the global economy, macro-economic trends and underlying fixed income asset classes.
- Create content and proactively push out to the field sales teams on a frequent basis to position those teams to have informed discussions on market -related news with their end clients. The UK and Germany distribution teams will be the Investment Specialist's primary internal clients.
- Support the gathering and retention of assets under management by working closely with sales and client service professionals, with a focus on the UK and Germany advisory and discretionary distribution, as well as institutional clients - though their work may extend to other audiences and channels as needed. The role may also serve as an extension of the fixed income investment team for specific client servicing tasks. Meeting types may vary to include one-to-one meetings as well as larger group presentations of 50 or more.
- In partnership with distribution colleagues, stay up to date on T. Rowe Price's broader investment offerings in order to consult on client needs and potentially match with a T. Rowe Price product offering or to discuss potential customized fixed income solutions. When necessary, hand off identified opportunities to Portfolio Analyst or Portfolio Specialist when additional depth is required on any given strategy.
- A heavy travel schedule will exist. One can expect 40-60% of their time on the road supporting our distribution partners.
- Provide education to internal staff in one-on-one or group settings as appropriate.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the investment management industry. Relevant experience can include investment research, portfolio analysis, investment consulting, or institutional client service.
- MBA and/or CFA highly desired (or highly tenured investment individual).
- Must be willing to travel, including the potential for international travel
- Must have a passion for the investment business with a deep understanding of macro-economic trends and have a strong working knowledge of fixed income investment strategies and portfolio construction.
- Fixed Income investment experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of success in effectively communicating complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with ability to interact well with investment professionals (internal and external), sales and client service professionals. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with client facing experience.
- Interest in PR activities and in using videos, podcasts and social media to support the fixed income franchise
- Ability to work well within a collegial, but fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter who possesses a high level of personal integrity and a passion for achieving competitive results.
- Leadership skills
- Language skills: English (essential), German (preferred)
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.