About our client:
For our client, one of the leading insurance companies in Switzerland with headquarter in Zurich, Swisslinx is looking for a task-driven Senior Python Developer with PySpark experience and a passion for clean code to build reliable and accurate software to process financial data on an initial 6 months contract basis.
Work in a scrum team to build the future of our client in Microsoft Azure with a lakehouse by implementing a medallion architecture utilizing Delta Lake tables and Apache Spark running on Azure Data bricks. Translate requirements into scalable software that can ingest, model and ultimately serve data. You will join a project to build software solutions that process financial data to support internal and external financial reporting.
- Writing clean code in Python utilizing Apache Spark to solve complex issues
- Analysis of the new ingestion, modelling and serving requirements including the effective implementation of these requirements in the repository
- Contributing to design and implementation topics that interact with data processing pipelines such as Azure DevOps pipelines, Azure Data Factory, SQL and Power BI
- Building reliable software to process financial data in order to support internal and external financial reporting
- Strong core Python software engineering experience including PySpark
- Experience with projects using relational data models and SQL
- Familiarity with Apache Spark and Delta Lake tables
- Exposure to automated tests
- Experience working in Scrum & agile environments
- An outstanding team player eager to make contributions to the product area with a passion for clean code and know how to develop reliable, robust and accurate software
- Good communication skills in English
If you are an experienced individual with the ability to understand complex software solutions and the full software development lifecycle, please apply via the portal or via the Swisslinx website www.swisslinx.com.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA