Who we are looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join the fast-paced Liquidity Management team in Edinburgh. The team is responsible for managing cash nostro balances in the EMEA markets, ensuring liquidity for all trade activity and minimising any costs to the Bank. The successful candidate will have experience working in a busy, deadline-oriented role and ideally have prior experience in securities settlement/FX/cash management. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As senior associate you will
What we value
- Provide/oversee the forecast of expected nostro related cash activity and/or monitor direct clearing activity.
- Check and release funding calculations/payments.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to cash funding /nostro forecasting to maximize net interest revenue and reduce exposure.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of issues relating to cash funding e.g., FX and interest rate volatility.
- Maintain and foster relationships with internal and external counterparts such as client service groups, brokers and sub custodians, agent banks and clearing schemes.
- Prepare and validate reports for delivery to management.
- Offer operational support for team manager and deputies when required.
- Participate in projects as necessary
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant experience and demonstrated knowledge in the financial services industry in particular Treasury Operations and/or Securities or FX settlement.
- Exposure to pressurised, deadline orientated workflow
- Decisive with demonstrated ability to make decisions calmly and rationally in stressful situations.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment and delegate / supervise where appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient PC skills with strong MS Excel and/or MS Access knowledge
Educated to A-level standard but bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Business or related field preferred Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers