Who we are looking for
State Street Alpha Data Service (ADS) is the data-as-a-service provider that is the back bone of the Alpha front to back strategy. Combining both technology and service provision to deliver significant data management value to our clients. We're looking for a technical developer/analyst to join our Data Support team. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM. State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of 'alpha' to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses. Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- As part of the ADS Data Support Team we are looking for the someone who can:
Collaborate with all internal technical and business teams including SaaS Ops, Alpha Cloud Ops, Alpha Data Ops and clients to resolve data issues
- Support the defect resolution process by collaborating with the business and data analysis team in understanding the root cause of data issues and ensuring all defects are fixed
- Act as a Data and Technology Subject Matter Expert that will resolve and debug all issues
- Contribute to the integration of new data services and sources by participating in design, development and unit testing and support of newly developed features as part of the ADS Product's scaled agile teams.
- Package standard and custom code maintaining best practices and adhering to code repository guidelines in scaled agile rooms.
- Deploy software packages and patches using standard procedures.
- Write and review SQL DML statements to resolve time critical production data issues.
- Enforce and enhance procedures to communicate to all stakeholders on status and progress of issue resolution
- Continually assess and contribute to produce enhancements, software quality and other improvements that could be implemented to improve how the support team monitor and triage issues
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills across all channels and levels of recipients including team members, colleagues, clients.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and lead by example in all areas.
- Support a culture of commitment, team work and productivity alongside diversity and work life balance.
- Must have experience in managing and supporting databases or data warehouse.
- Experience with Financial Services data domains - Security Master, Benchmarks, Positions, Transactions, Cash, Performance, Analytics etc.
- Must have strong proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of Data Management, Data Governance, Service Catalogue, Data Lineage tools, Operational Dash boards, Process Monitoring tools
- Working knowledge in one or many of Azure cloud platforms, Kafka and Snowflake is a huge plus
- Hands-on ETL tools experience (Talend, Kettle, Informatica) is a must
- Knowledge about internal and external integrations, triage issues and implement/recommend solutions to data problems and anomalies
- Experience with any Scripting language is a plus
About State Street What we do.
- University degree in the field of computer science, data management or other financial services technical field
- 7+ years in data management product or database development and support roles and responsibilities
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.