Who we are looking for
SSGA's EMEA Business Risk Management Executive ('BRME') is looking for a motivated and passionate individual to lead SSGA's Conduct Risk Framework within the region and drive the continual development of SSGA's UK and regional governance for BRME. This will provide you with the opportunity to shape and inform SSGA's Conduct Risk Framework as well as development a deep understanding of our governance, systems and controls.
We're looking for an individual with significant financial services experience and excellent knowledge of risk and governance frameworks. The successful candidate will have recent experience of developing and implementing a of developing and implementing a Conduct Risk Framework in the asset management sector, combined with a strong awareness of regulatory developments, industry practice and trends in Conduct Risk and Culture. In addition, you should Broad experience of legal entity governance arrangements (ideally within the asset management sector), and capable of building effective working relationships with executive management and board level stakeholders.
The role will be based in London. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Conduct & Governance Senior Manage you will:
What we value
- Lead the continual development, and activities to embed, the SSGA Conduct Risk Framework including associated developments in policies and procedures, management reporting, and internal controls.
- Represent SSGA UK and EMEA in engagement with internal stakeholders to influence and input into the development and implementation of State Street's UK and global Conduct Risk Framework.
- Provide support to the SSGAL CEO, Directors and management team in efficient and effective Legal Entity governance related to risks and controls.
- Lead the support and assistance to the business' senior management and company secretariat through the application of risk management processes to enable the continuous assessment of risk and the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Lead and contribute to corporate programmes, underlying projects and workstreams, including tracking status, and establishing reporting, applying project management principles and disciplines to deliver assigned initiatives on time and with high quality outcomes.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of risk and governance frameworks and a thorough understanding of investment processes, client service requirements and operations.
- Recent experience of developing and implementing a Conduct Risk Framework, ideally in the asset management sector, combined with a strong awareness of regulatory developments, industry practice and trends in Conduct Risk and Culture.
- Broad experience of legal entity governance arrangement within the asset management sector, capable of building effective working relationships with executive management and board level stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable about risk assessment processes and understanding of control and process mapping methodologies.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills, enabling you to guide and influence the controls agenda with the resilience and ability to operate and challenge at senior levels.
- A firm understanding of regulatory requirements within the fund management industry in EMEA, e.g. UCITS, MiFID II, CRD IV, etc.
- Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) applications (i.e., Archer), together with a comprehensive understanding of governance reporting and MI.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of financial services experience.
- Professional qualification useful.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers