As a Barclays Risk Manager, you will play a critical role in ensuring that Unsecured Lending Credit Risk operates within a control environment by assessing and challenging the documented controls, and where appropriate, assist the Control/Model Owners in foreseeing potential issues and identifying weaknesses that should be remediated before issues arise. You will provide oversight and/or help to portfolios and control /Model owners on other non-credit risk related policy requirements.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Leading and presenting to senior risk management on Group Policies, Standards (incl. Model Governance) & Requirements across Risk/Business through oversight/assurance reviews
• Ensuring full oversight and monitoring of AIRB models/implementation
• Assisting the management of Risk & Control Self Assessments, challenging existing practices, working with control owners to develop/improve and track actions to implementation
• Assessing portfolio performance in relation to the control environment, driving the key control/issues reporting for the benefit of the Risk Directors/ Risk Model Owners
• Providing timely, relevant, regular and ad-hoc reporting as required for internal relevant forums/ committees, for example the BUK Controls Committee
• Supporting control /Model owners in documenting internal frameworks, and driving consistency across Unsecured Risk
• Producing high quality report outputs that outline compliance positions against requirements stipulated in policy, standard and risk requirements
• Delivering clear, concise, and effective communication to senior stakeholders, including presenting at relevant forums
What we're looking for:
• Knowledge and understanding of Credit Risk Management /Model Risk
• Experience of managing Governance & Control practices
• Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements in the financial services sector
• Experience of influencing stakeholders at a senior level
Skills that will help you in the role:
• A working knowledge of Credit Risk management disciplines
• Experience and understanding of Barclays Governance & Credit Risk / Model Risk Management Policies and Standards including knowledge of Barclays RCSA requirements
• A broad knowledge of risks impacting the Barclays UK Unsecured Lending portfolios (including Credit, Fraud, Operational, Regulation, Compliance, Financial Crime etc)
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.