Global Banking & Markets Operations, Execution Equities Services Middle Office, Associate, Singapore OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. YOUR IMPACT
As a member of the EES team, the individual will require to learn onboarding, configuration, cash equities processing and allocation processes to support cash equity trading across GS businesses. The individual will be required to work closely with Business and Client Service representatives and have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within Business, Technology and other Operations groups. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The primary function of the role is to help manage an increasing growing business supporting our clients trading cash equity with GS. This entails helping our clients meet their post trade execution needs, including managing complex transaction requests and queries, as well as settlement of the client's transactions to a high quality standard.
- Assists in providing operational risk management and oversight for the equities sales and trading businesses, while ensuring the integrity of the firm's books and records through the development of workflows, systems and controls, from trade capture to settlement.
- Helps to ensure that the firm has the appropriate infrastructure with respect to technology, processes and controls to support complex financial transactions such that we meet our clients' needs as well as internal control standards and external regulatory requirements.
- Drives discussions surrounding change management processes with technology and other operational or securities division teams to assess downstream implications and ensure more streamlined flows.
- Identifying, documenting and implementing procedural changes within the department to improve processes and control infrastructure around firm reference data.
- Enhance the operations client experience in a risk and control oriented environment. Critical to the success is the ability to engineer solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure by leveraging a global team.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual who is looking to operate in a dynamic working environment where communication and teamwork skills are essential.
- Exceptional client service and relationship building are required to interact with our clients and the team.
- Team oriented, proactive, self-motivated
- The candidate should have a control focus and be achievement orientated to produce results to ensure that all risk is mitigated.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Work experience in a trade support, or securities middle office, or cash equities processing role of 1 to 3 years
- Equities Industry and market knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience of vendor platforms (CTM, Omgeo, Traiana) would be an advantage.
- At least 2-5 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
- Japanese language - spoken, reading and writing
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity