S&P Global Ratings
Rating Analyst or Associate, Structured Finance
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a candidate with strong analytical and communication skills to join the EMEA Structured Finance Team. You will act in an analytical role providing analysis, research and support to the Structured Finance team.
You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings' companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists.
The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. In this role, you will be assisting senior analysts to conduct credit analysis, reviewing, researching and managing data/transaction documents, running credit models, analyzing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation.
You will be expected to provide analytical reasoning in committees and discussion within the team, and to act proactively toward resolution of issues, and be knowledgeable on the appropriate criteria. You will be an effective communicator working within the Structured Finance Analytical team as well as being an ambassador for S&P Global ratings with market participants. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues. As new asset classes evolve, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different proposals. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem-solving.
What's in it for you :
Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have good problem solving skills.
• Support and assist senior analysts in updating reports and preparing for meetings and internal credit committees.
• Conduct analyses on Structured Finance transactions - reviewing data, documentation and reviewing and running related credit and cash-flow models, with appropriate risk factor identification, measurement, and presentation.
• Undertake research and work closely with senior analysts in support of S&P Global Ratings published research and analysis for the EMEA Structured Finance team.
• Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Finance team as appropriate.
• Be able to adhere and actively promote the company's high quality and compliance standards culture in the context of a regulated environment
What We're Looking For:
Bachelor degree is required and possibly completed or pursuing postgraduate studies/CFA. You must have good attention to detail and numerical skills, a quantitative background, an ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of data and strong Excel skills. Good knowledge of Python and/or R are a distinctive advantage. You have good English writing skills to prepare professional analyses and reports. An understanding of securitisation and financial markets and prior exposure to Structure Finance or credit analytics is helpful, but not required. You are a proactive individual who has a willingness to learn and an analytical mind-set as well as good problem solving skills. Advanced skills in using cash-flow and credit models will be a distinctive advantage.
• Bachelor degree holder of Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject.
• An S&P Global employee at this level would typically have at least 2 years of analytical work experience in the financial services industry.
• Relevant industry experience in Structured Finance, or credit analysis or related analytical experience.
• Solid analytical capability and quantitative background. Experience in managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes.
• Ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information while demonstrating strong proficiency with figures, accuracy and be detail-oriented while complying with deadlines.
• Strong Excel skills (formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, data, filters).
• Good knowledge of Python (Pandas, Numpy, scipy) and/or R (tidyverse, ggplot2, zoo) is desirable.
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written. A second European language (for example German or French) would be desirable.
• Team player, proactive attitude and good time management skills.
• Highly organized, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade Level: 9 or 11(for internal purposes)
Location: London or Dublin
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person."
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 281342
Posted On: 2023-02-27
Location: London, United Kingdom