Investment Operations Officer
- ND Department of Trust Lands
- Bismarck, North Dakota
- Investment Operations Officer for North Dakota Department of Trust Lands
- Jan 30, 2023
- Feb 22, 2023
- Job Function
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset
- Industry Sector
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Investment Operations Officer
The ND Department of Trust Lands has an opening for a fulltime, benefited Investment Operations Officer, in its Bismarck, ND Office. The annual starting salary range is $110,000 - $130,000. The Investment Operations Officer plays an integral role in researching, analyzing, and evaluating investment managers, investments products and services, and the results of the investment portfolio.
The ND Department of Trust Lands under the state of ND, offers rewarding work and career development opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a 100% employer paid family health insurance plan, retirement plan, as well as annual and sick leave, holiday pay, and other benefits.
The ND Department of Trust Lands manages the permanent educational trust funds and assets under the Board of University and School Lands control. The Department consists of 30 fulltime team members, administers approximately $7 billion of financial asset investments, over 706,600 surface acres, and over 2.5 million mineral acres
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, mathematics or closely related field and five years of professional work experience in fund investment analysis.
- A Master’s degree in one of the above fields may substitute for two years of the experience requirement.
Summary of Work:
- Perform initial and ongoing research and analysis to assist in selection and retention of investment managers and service providers.
- Prepare a variety of financial reports to communicate the performance and status of the investment program to stakeholders.
- Create financial models to monitor and evaluate investment manager performance.
- Collaborate with consultant to ensure that all investment compliance regulations are met.
- Perform research and analysis on investment opportunities and monitor progress toward completion of projects, making recommendations to the Chief Investment Officer.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of money managers, master custodian, investment consultants and other agents contracted by the Land Board.
- Develop, maintain, and prepare reports relating to investment fees and rebalancing.
- Make sure that all monthly statements and reports are complete, accounted for, and filed accordingly.
- Organize and participate in meetings and calls with existing and prospective investment managers and maintain appropriate records of such interactions.
- Manage Investment Division correspondences, investment/partnership agreements, and all other contracts.
- Serve as liaison between the Land Board, investment managers, consultants and custodian.
- Review and ensure accuracy of wire instructions and corresponding amounts for distributions, investment purchases/contributions, and withdrawals/redemptions.
- Reconcile investment management fee invoices and process appropriate payments.
- Support audit and accounting functions related to the Investment Division.
Applicants must complete an online application via the State of ND Careers site: www.nd.gov/careers by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The ND Department of Trust Lands does not provide sponsorships. Due to access to restricted information, the successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
The following must be attached to the application when submitted:
- Cover letter
- College Transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Three (3) references
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments, please contact email@example.com or (701)328-3290, during normal office hours.
For more information about the position, or if accommodation or assistance is needed in the application or interview process, please contact Lynn Burgard at 701-328-4737 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about ND Department of Trust Lands at: Home | Trust Lands
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.